Somehow I feel that I have nothing to say. Not sure why as lots has happened. I think it might be time for a point form summary of events:
1. Work. Lots of it.. not getting much done... am distracted
2. Husband is not sleeping well... this means I am not sleeping well. Couples in the 50's may have had it right with those 2 twin beds approach to the marital bed. Although I'd miss cuddles "etc" I'd appreciate not being woken up each night. My all time favorite wake up? Being woken up by DH telling dear dog to stop licking himself. I use politer words than he did. Do I need to know this at 3 am? No.
3. Kids have had a tonne of field trips lately. Last week B's class went to Victoria. This week Buntzen lake and G's class to Stave falls.
4. Tomorrow is their last day at MRCS. Ever. I am slightly sad and nostalgic but too busy to really give it much thought.
5. Tomorrow is Alejandra's last day with us. I am a bit sad but looking forward to getting my office back.
6. My husband won and bought himself a new truck. I will now refer to it as pig in future blogs. Its black. Its huge. Its a pick up truck. I'm thinking of mounting some antlers on it for a joke. It literally undoes any of my attempts to be more sustainable and environmentally friendly. Perhaps I should just give up and buy a hummer. Snort. He is like a 6 year old on Christmas. Its cute but annoying at the same time.
7. We are mortgage free. But now we own the money sucking pig so it evens itself out, LOL!
8. B had her dance recitals last week. All went well. She waffled on the no dance next year decision but then stuck to her guns. She is voting for choir (again) and piano... we don't own a piano - small obstacle.... and I am suggesting horseback riding and that we need another sport. Perhaps rock climbing, she is a natural with this. I am sad about the loss of dance but that is because I liked her being in dance. I had a heyday as a backstage mom this year and sucked every moment of it up. Perhaps I can find equal joy in her musical theatre career that hopefully starts next year. We'll see.
9. My son has grown to love doing chores. Go figure. He cracks me up.
10. I have not been cooking hardly at all since returning from Chicago. Ale and DH keep making dinner because I have changed my work hours to be a bit later. I need to get back on track though.
11. I have rhubarb in my fridge and plan to make a crisp.
12. The weather stinks.
13. I've had a lot of good walks lately. I love my ipod.
14. I have made a new friend and we are like peas in a pod. We live far away but work in the same field, think the same way and laugh at the same things. Kinda fun to meet new people.
15. Nutella samples came in the mail. I broke down and ate them. Shamelessly licked the bits out of the sample packs. consequently have joined a facebook group called Nutella is sex in a jar. I want to swear when I talk about nutella, it is that good. It is my nemesis. I am quite sure that anything that enjoyable and addictive is a sin. Or evil.
16. We have not found a new church yet. Tried a few... missed a few weekends of church too... can't quite decide... waiting for the 2x4 to the head of "this is where you are supposed to be". I'm sure it will come. The 2x4 always finds me.
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Busy girl! Wow, can I relate. Well, not to the mortgage free bit, sigh. Oooh, can't wait to see the pig and if you get a Hummer (LOL) I so want a ride in it.
I,too, have rhubarb in my fridge that I plan to make a crisp with. I think I am going to do a berry rhubarb crisp, since I have been freezing any berries I get. Mmm. Yum.
Sorry you are having trouble sleeping because of dh. My dh sleeps like a log and then I can't sleep because I'm annoyed he can! LOL No, I'm not a good sleeper anyway.
How wonderful to be mortgage free so early on in life!
Yes, the weather has stunk in a big way... my hair, which I don't care that much about, had been going frizzy on me with all the puppy potty runs. Anyways, we are in for a lovely weekend so all is forgotten.
Mortgage free? How did this happen? Last we spoke of money, it wasn't so good with all the extras the kids needed! But I guess a lot can happen in a few years! We had about 6 blissful years of mortgage free in the mobile (not a heck of a lot to pay off).
Deanna
Post a Comment