First, Albert has lost over 9 lbs!! In one month! I'd be more excited if I had lost 9 lbs in one month but this is still good news. I don't know if he looks 9 lbs slimmer but the scale at the vet's says it is so. For those who would like to copy his success follow these steps:
1. Go for a 1 hour walk/run every morning with your mommy on the dykes. Play with other friends and romp as though you are a puppy
2. Go for a second 15-30 minute walk each night. Pant, get over excited and freak out at approaching cars. Lunge at the cars - this counts as strength exercises for both you and Daddy who is in charge of the leash at night time. Be very anxious, anxiety keeps you slim.
3. Eat a raw food diet - raw buffalo meat and fruits and veggies... Yum. Your mommy should add some plain yogurt with pro-biotics, the occasional raw organic egg and some pumpkin from time to time. Have dried buffalo heart, buffalo liver and tendons and peanut butter chews for the occasional snacks.
4. Whine in the back of the car when the car stops at stop lights. It won't cause you to lose weight but it is fun to watch mommy get more and more annoyed with your loud, crazy behavior.
Second thing I am excited about is tomatoes. Yes, tomatoes. In last week's bin hot house (organic) local tomatoes were available!!! I have been deprived of tomatoes for quite some time and I tell you, they taste incredibly good now as a result!! Yum!! today I made an old favorite of mine, Pachadi pockets. I have no idea what "pachadi" means but they are good. Here is the recipe from my head
Plan Yogurt (I use balkan thick yogurt)
Tomatoes
small amount of onion or scallion
cumin powder
green chili or hot sauce (I use hot sauce usually because I never have green chili's on hand)
can add parsley as well
Stuff into a pita pocket or tortilla. I add salt as well. The recipe adds cheese too but I skip that as my hips don't need any additional cheese. So good!!! I ate 3 tomatoes this way today!
Third, winter is fading out and although the weather is still a bit iffy, I can smell warmer days ahead. I love the longer days, I love the peek a boo sunshine we are getting, I love that my produce bin has new foods in it (no more potatoes please!!) and that when I did my last round of client planning I planned April/May/June and this means summer is around the corner. Tonight I am making rice bowls for dinner with marinated tofu, broccoli, kale, cabbage, carrots and peanut sauce.... can't wait!!
Thursday, March 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
mmmm...I love peanut sauce. I will definately try the pockets! Sounds yummy. I love tomatoes too :-)
Post a Comment