Last night was leftovers night. We had homemade pizza and the spaghetti sauce and sauteed zucchini kicking around in the fridge needing to be eaten so we did a leftovers buffet. Tonight we are eating Dinner #2 from the depths of my freezer which wil be tandoori-style chicken burgers using boneless skinless chicken thighs, lots of spices but subbing garlic for ginger as ginger doesn't grow in my 100 mile radius. These are served with pitas but I may buy roti or naan from the beloved market and will serve cucumbers, cilantro and cumin yogurt sauce with it. I may try making Double Double's amazing onions and cilantro in vinegar dish as it pairs well with anything spicy. I think I will make a peach cobbler for dessert as I found some peaches hiding in the freezer too. My dad is coming by for dinner on his way home from Osoyoos and is bringing me a pile of produce so I think I will pull out a bottle of Desert Hills Gewurtraminer. I think the lychee flavors of that wine will be very nice with a spicy tandoori. Yummy!
This weekend I am hoping to have time to make some tomato soup, some more muffins and some waffles and french toast for the freezer. Mornings are always crazy around here between getting the kids up, getting myself ready for work and getting to school on time. It is too easy to rely on cereal or toast and the kids get very bored. Instead, I try to make whole grain breakfast foods that can be popped into my lovely toaster and on a plate within 2 minutes.
I am also hoping to get to Ikea this weekend, do something with the family (we've been hoping to go for a hike at Grouse but the weather is not cooperating) and I am supposed to be volunteering at the Senior's anniversary dinner this weekend. However no one has actually called me so perhaps I should follow up on that. I also have to get my wine club planning started as my friend Daphne keeps nagging me that we need to get rolling on that. I love a good gathering and planning what food I will make so I think that wil be fun to plan! What I really hope I am not doing this weekend is working!!!
Thursday, September 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You are a blogging machine! I thought it would be neat to help out at the seniors dinner too but I'm on a boat. What's this cilantro and onions in vinegar dish you're talking about? Sounds delicious! Have a great weekend and hope you don't do any work:)
talking about food is stress relief :-)
the cilantro onions dish is double double's and I love it. Sliced onion (sweet is best but she tells me any will do) with some vinegar (I used rice vinegar last night but you could probably use a variety of vinegars to get diff flavors each time) with cilantro and a sprinkling sugar. It is lovely with curries and has a riata type taste without the yogurt. It is simple but brilliant... that double double is full of great ideas :-)
Post a Comment