Thursday, July 19, 2007

Bikini boot camp

I've been yapping about my new book to Stella non-stop for the last 2 weeks or so. I bought a book called bikini bootcamp. Its this whole exercise and meal plan that is supposed to make you beach ready. Lets be frank, its going to take me more than 2 weeks to be bikini ready but its a good start. The exercise plan is actually really neat but I've been going to they gym and doing classes instead of their specific exercises. The meal plan however is amazing. I like meal plans because I like how organized they are but they don't usually work for me because they don't fit with the chaos that I like to call my life. Inevitably I start them and then it doesn't work out or the food is boring and I can't handle it or I do it half-ass. This plan is different. The food is simply amazing. AMAZING. Its simple, its yummy, its superb and incredibly healthy. I'm not eating sugar-free, chemical laden, low fat concoctions - all of my food is in or 1 step from its natural state. There are tonnes of fruits and veggies on this plan but in a way that actually makes you want to eat them, lots of chicken and fish and good oils like avocado and olive oil. The food is a fusion between mexican and asian and that is amazingly very good. I do not feel deprived in any way. The whole family is on the journey with me and for the most part the kids like the food and DH LOVES it. He keeps raving about how good everything is, how full he is and how amazing the whole thing is.

We took a wee hiatus from the plan when we were away for the wedding but we are back on track again. Today for lunch I am having a chicken curry salad:

grilled chicken breast chopped
1 apple chopped
raisins
celery chopped
dressing: curry powder, flax oil (supposed to be olive but I had flax which is even better for you)

I added Pea Shoots because I had them and they are yummy and I figured it couldn't hurt to add to it.

Yummmm, the whole thing is divine.

Tonight's dinner is chicken enchiladas and grilled banana wiht caramel is up for dessert.

Am I bikini ready yet? ehhh, will that EVER happen?! But I have lost some weight and more importantly I feel good so I think its a good thing.

1 comment:

T. said...

The food for this plan DOES sound great! The salad sounds soooo good.