Thursday, March 08, 2007

Wiggling the duck

I am immersed in the preschool world culture right now and I don't know if that is a good thing. I dare you to watch this video... yeah, that is right, I dare you.


These guys are the Wiggles. I am not a fan. For obvious reasons I might add. 4 grown men in bad pants and primary colored shirts... Shudder. This particular song has been stuck in my head all day. I actually found myself singing it myself earlier. Sick. The dude with the feather hat is Captain feathersword or something of that nature. Can you imagine being at a cocktail party and turning to the man next to you and saying "so what do you do for a living" and he tells you he does overexaggerated dancing and wears a large feather cap to amuse children? I suppose there are worse jobs... and hey someone has to be entertaining to the wee ones. Interestingly these guys were apparently a rock band in Australia before realizing their calling as dorky singers. I honestly think the Hot Potato video is better.



On another note, I was writing a stellar program of duck duck goose today (snort) and accidentally typed "duck f*#k goose" Yeesh! that is a mistake that spell checker wouldn't have caught, good thing I did! It amused for about 5 minutes though. Every time I typed duck duck goose after that I snickered. Small minds amused by small things I suppose...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have vintage video!!! Greg is no longer with the Wiggles due to back troubles.

And, to perhaps your horror, I have a photo of Bill with one of the Wiggles doing the Wiggle "gun like hand gesture" (for lack of better description).

We have photo's of the kids and Jen's kids (sans our youngest 2) with all of the Wiggles plus with Captain Feather Sword!!

We have autographed tickets!

------------

LOL at the lucky ducky...... hubby has had similar moments with speech impeded children reading "sit, sit, sit" from Dr. Seuss.

Michelle said...

ROFL - #1 loved the Wiggles when he was younger. We knew all of those songs and they played endlessly in our heads. That rock video had dh and I killing ourselves. Yeah, they were better as Wiggles.

4ever29 said...

Quack, Quack, Quack, Quack, Cock-a-doodle-doo!

4ever29 said...

Oops! I forgot a quack!

Mike H said...

I find it easy to forget the incessantly catchy Wiggles songs as soon as I am safely back in my car. A mere 30 seconds of something better and it all fades away.

My preference is actually to the Fisher Price gang and their ABC Sing-along CD.

"Uh-oh, lookout! Here comes O/It's coming as fast as O can go!"

Now that's entertainment!

Magnificent M said...

oh my word Mike, that is disturbing! we used to laugh at farmer jed from fisher price videos and cd roms - we called him "inbred jed".

double: yes I heard about the change in wiggle men. the song hot potato is one that i learned several years ago with a client and it haunts me to this day. I am laughing at your autographed tickets though! ha ha ha!

Michelle said...

I'd like to thank you for the incessant Hot Potato song that has been in my head for days. Truly, thank you. Ugh.