Sunday, March 04, 2007

Stelllll-ahhhhhh!!!!!

What a weekend! Where do I start?! I'll start with Friday and add the rest tomorrow.

Friday night finally arrived and with it came my dear friend Stella. We decided to have a West Coast Extravaganza and headed down to Yaletown to dine at Brix. It was absolutely incredible! The food was phenomenal and the wine list was breathtaking. We shared several small plates and a bottle of Joie's Rose between the group of us and it paired incredibly well with our food. We also shared some entrees and a lovely Pinot Noir from Mark West. Fantastic food, good wine and great conversation... it was perfect. Afterwards we strolled down to Opus for the ultimate lounge experience. Stella threatened to put this chick who was attepting to mack on my hottie, I mean hubby, in a hold (translation: type of restraint used for safety in our work) and the image of it still makes me laugh. Apparently she's learned some new restraining techniques that could come in handy! On the way home we grabbed some fries and sat at my kitchen island munching and chatting until our brains no longer worked and then we crashed. In some ways it is like she never left and in some ways it is like she has been gone forever. It is so great to have her back, both for my own selfish sake, but I am also excited to see the tremendous opportunties that have opened up for her! She returns to great stuff and we can expect great things! No pressure though!

As an aside, I just have to say, my dh has recently bought himself some incredible new clothes and looks quite YUMMY in his new attire. Who knew he could look so good in a suit?! He is, dare I say it, quite dashing! As for the woman who was attempting to mack on my DH, I just have to say "step off honey, he's mine!" How very daytime talk show!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

ROFL - I am killing myself here about you saying "step off.." "Nuh, uh - you didn't just say that!"

I'm glad she's home for both you and the King of the Castle and that you had a wonderful time with her.

Anonymous said...

the menu sounds delectable....... the company even better.... and a spiffy J I will have to see in person. I'll show you my pears and you can show me your suited man.

Magnificent M said...

Mpuff: or I could say "talk to the hand" or something so very talk show! lol

double: tell you what when we organize that night of song and dance, we will have a reveal of our spiffy items. I really do want to see those pears!

Anonymous said...

I could see it. (Stella putting an annoying stranger in a hold that is.) She did jab me with a fork just yesterday.