We have had a fabulous trip. Tomorrow we head back home but I am not anxious to return to reality. We've had some great skiing and the kids were enrolled in a great ski camp. Apparently the school districts up here have a later spring break so when we arrived for camp on friday there were no other students - Banana and Gorilla each had their own instructor so a whole private lesson each! I was blown away at the progress they made in that lesson alone. On day 2 we arrived for camp and there were some same age boys in Gorilla's group but because there were no other students at Banana's level, she got a second private class but for the price of a group lesson - Very cool! The skiing was great. Great runs, lots of variation, good snow and beautiful surroundings. The mountain was so much quieter than Vancouver mountains.... less people and the hill was actually somewhat remote compared to our North Shore mountains. The view was absolutely breathtaking. 3 Days of consecutive skiing and the adults are feeling pretty bagged though.
We've had some great food too and as always I like to share recipes that I enjoy. My all time favorite was a shredded pork taco meal from Martha (of course!). The cooking process was essentially the same as making pulled bbq pork but the seasonings were different (chipotle chile in adobo sauce, chili seasonings, cumin etc). Served with soft tortillas, goat cheese (supposed to be queso fresco but like I am going to find that in Osoyoos) and a cabbage and radish slaw with cilantro on the side. A second favorite was a Martha's chili from this month's everyday foods magazine served with cornbread "puddings" (really muffins but moister). We ate chili for lunch for several days afterwards - the perfect skiing lunch. When I have access to a better internet connection I'll see if I can find links for those recipes. We also had a good chicken with cauliflower and carrots recipe and a super fast pasta with smoked salmon and cream cheese that was sooo simple (simply cook the pasta, toss the smoked salmon, cream cheese and capers into the pasta and voila!)
Tomorrow we are spending some time as a family in the a.m. and then driving home... see everyone soon.
Sunday, March 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Glad to hear you are enjoying your break!
Mmm, yummy sounding food! Hope you made it home safe and sound. :-)
Post a Comment