Friday night: we had some friends for dinner and a movie. We made Coq au Vin (or chicken in wine sauce) with steamed potatoes and a lovely salad. We had crepes with apples and cranberries and lemon and icing sugar for dessert. After dinner we turned our living room into the movie theatre of Gorilla's dreams! The children piled onto the horrid wooden couches, we popped some corn and we used a LED projector and my laptop to make a screen on the wall and watched Facing the Giants together.
Saturday: We had games "day" because games night wasn't going to work in the schedule. We played Cranium and then monopoly and there was a lot of laughing. For some reason EVERY time Banana rolled the dice in cranium she would land on 1. Her teammate, DH, decided he'd had enough of the 1's, as we were kicking their "big brown bahookeys", so he took the dice and bragged he'd get a different number and we all killed ourselves laughing when he rolled a 1. Afterwards Gorilla and I made cookies for "homework" as he is having a hard time with learning how to measure things. We went to church. I blogged. Some of you read and responded to my wandering thoughts. I fell asleep while watching TV and cuddling with my DH.
Sunday: skiing again and much better weather this time. The snow was powdery and it was not rainy. We had lots of fun and the kids continued to work on their skills. DH was playing music this weekend so I brought my good friend Velvet Queen with me to keep me company. I came home, picked up Boomer and snuggled on the couch in the rec room with my DH while the kids played. Ahhhhh, sweet bliss. After dinner DH packed up and headed out to work in the Yukon once again. He is gone for the entire week and I miss him already. But he is only gone for a week and I have two friends who are enduring long seperations from their husbands (Stella and another non-blogging and adorably pregnant friend whose hubby just moved far away) and I really can't complain about 1 week of my life.
In reflection, what made it a good weekend was the amount of quality family time we fit in. For me it is so important to find that time to spend with my kids and my husband that brings us closer. So often we are so consumed by our lives, sometimes we just need to find ways to block out life or escape from it temporarily so that we can just enjoy one another. We managed to do that this weekend and that alone makes it good.
Sunday, February 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Coq au Vin is one of those dishes that I can never say with a straight face.
Some people on that mountain were crazy (bright orange and yellow snowsuit lady), but you gotta admire the "hair guy" with the 'fro going on:) All in all, fantastic time skiing.
I love hair guy. I almost want to tell him "hey dude, I love your hair". For those who haven't seen hair dude... he works at Seymour and is Australian. He has the most amazing afro ever. it is huge. like the size of belgium. I exaggerate only slightly. I mean it is literally 4x the size of a normal head and cascades down his back. Its weird but cool all at once. One week I will attempt to get an inadvertent picture.
Post a Comment