Monday, February 26, 2007

Grateful

I was telling my MIL how different things are now, how incredibly great my work is, how well it fits with my life etc and I was reminded how much I love my job. Not that I had forgotten but it is easy to get used to something that is so "everyday." I love that my job fits around my family. Despite the fact that I am working, I still have time to meet their needs every day. It was not always like this, and I had to work hard to get here but I am here now. This job is heart wrenching and you cannot do it and do it well if all you care about is money. That said, the change in status has meant an improvement financially. Life is more comfortable and that is good (although to be frank that has much more to do with DH's job than me...). I am grateful for feeling comfortable. This too has freed up more time for family. But most of all, I love what I do. I serve others every day in my job and I am passionate about doing it well for their sake. When I see my clients and see the changes that happen I am so thankful to God that He gives us knowledge that can be used. I feel like I was lead here and that I am serving one of my purposes here and that what I do is for Him. Even if the job was inconvenient and hard to schedule in (as it was for many years), the pay not so good (as it was for many years) and the job grueling emotionally (as it has been at time and will be again at times), I would still do it. I was brought to this role for a reason, whatever that reason may be. For many years I was focussed on getting to this point and now that I am here, I am grateful for His guidenace, wisdom and that He chose this path for me and that I listened (although it sure took me awhile to do so!)

4 comments:

Lindsey and Mike said...

Abundant blessings to you as you continue to serve people in your job. Thanks be to God!

Anonymous said...

I am sure that you may never have imagined coming to a place of such comfort and balance, but it is the fruits of your labour and well deserved. You job is one that can bring great reward and I know that your passion for your work is great. Be blessed!

4ever29 said...

I am grateful for people like you.

Magnificent M said...

awww, I finally manage to negotiate with blogger to let me read these... wow, such nice comments. you guys rock my world, don't ever change. :-)