Saturday, February 03, 2007

Friday Night is All Right!

Our worship pastor is leaving and we volunteered our house for a good-bye party from the worship team. It was a fairly big event with about 30-35 adults + 5 small children upstairs and our lovely babysitter. It was a potluck event so there was tonnes of amazing food. The work was well divided between Mpuff, 4ever29 and myself adn the party went off without a hitch.

I made: cold prawns with lemon aioli and a homemade cocktail sauce, served in an ice/lemon bowl, a cheese platter with cheeses from Little Qualicum cheeseworks, a big green salad, olives (which required absolutely NO effort from me) and punch. It was my first taste of Little Qualicum Cheeseworks cheeses and was very impressed. I also greatly enjoyed Velvet and CEO's chicken dish as well as a lovely flatbread creation from Mpuff. And 4ever's cake was incredibly decadent and despite Puffy shirt hottie and Newlywed cutie taking large portions home with them, I have an incredibly LARGE amount of it at my house to eat up. Sounds like breakfast to me!

Despite being busy keeping things rolling, I managed to squeeze in some social moments and shared more laughs than I could count. Velvet queen was on a roll last night and lubrication was on everyone's mind by the end of the party. All in all, a good night!

5 comments:

4ever29 said...

You throw a mean "dry" party. I couldn't imagine what it would have been like with some adult grape juice. Thanks for your effort in hosting such a great party. Is your DH still cleaning up?

Lindsey and Mike said...

Thanks again for having us all over. There was a good bunch there. A special shout out goes to 4Ever29, Puffy Shirt Hotty, Magnificant M, Newlywed Cutie, and my Cupcake Man for being the "Lubrication Cheer Squad". You all rock!

Michelle said...

Thanks so much M. I felt bad about not staying behind to clean. If I didn't have to get up and do fitness bootcamp this morning I would have offered to come and do it then.

I really appreciate all you did. BTW - Your house looks so lovely with its new arrangement of furniture.

Michelle said...

PS: Where did you get the cheeses? Isn't Qualicum on the Island? I really liked them and would love to get some. I like to put them on cookies for something new and different. LOL

Magnificent M said...

The clean up took almost no time at all. 2 dishwasher loads later and it was all done!