Blogger and I are not seeing eye to eye. In order to sign in I have to post a comment on someone else's page and then sign in multiple times, each time blogger tells me I do not have a google/blogger account (but I do oh mighty one I reply) and on the 3rd or 4th one it says "oh, okay I GUESS I'll let you post... this time". Sometimes blogger simply says "no soup for you" and I hang my head in shame and post anonymously. But for those who remember the soup nazi episode, it is the soup nazi who loses in the end. I will conquer the blogger issue.
Clearly I need to STEP AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER because I am no longer functioning in the land of the normal people. I have stepped into a whole different dimension... One filled with two many espresso shots, too many hours in front of the computer working (12.5 almost straight and counting) and one where a small room becomes your entire existence, at least for today.
Good news: we finally managed the finish the great purge of 07 and our rec room looks fab. I mean its no show home room but it is very cute. I'd take a picture but that means I would have to leave my computer and I've spent so much time with it that we are actually fused as one. We bought a great desk and bookshelf and organized toys into bastant baskets. Stella will be so pleased.
More good news: the horrible, evil, angry and mouthy alien masquerading as my son has returned to his homeland and the pleasant, adorable gorilla has returned. Thank goodness! I was beginning to look up "Gypsies" in the yellow pages so I could sell him off. Yeesh. It is actually a bit eerrie as he is almost too pleasant, as if he is secretly planning to take over the world or drive away in my car or something. Beware of small, handsome blonde boys with big blue eyes. He helped me buy groceries the other day. And I do mean "help" rather than tag along and ask me to buy things.
Interesting news: for some reason I have decided that we should get back into skiing. Why? Eh, who knows! Who can keep track of where my mind wanders to? I wonder if I could have found a more expensive sport to get the entire family into?! (note chandler-esque sarcasm). I think not. I don't remember it being so expensive but then again the last time I ski'd was when my Dad still paid for all of my expenses, I had a yearly pass to Whistler and ski'd there with my dad regularly, puffy hair was in, people would hairspray their bangs up and out, and snowboards were a new "fad". Ya, it was a long time ago. We'll have to see about the skiing. I suspect Gorilla would love it and Banana would snow plow at .5 km per hour down the entire hill.
Fun news: We set up our foosball/air hockey and 8 other games table and it has been a source of much butt kicking. In addition to those activities the table can be converted into a chess board (ummm why would you want to play that on an air hockey type table??!!), a bowling alley (with THE most ridiculously small bowling pins!), a basketball net and then several other games that I have forgotten. Its fun. We played foosball for family games night on saturday. Last weekend we played scrabble and used phrases like wetsnot to get triple word points. Don't even start to tell me it is not a word!!!
Monday, January 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey M... So sorry I haven't gotten back to you.. I don't have enough catalogues and I also have a car problem. The Tupperware lady said the party is only open until tomorrow night, if you want to have a look at tupperware.ca and see if there's anything you would like, I can see if I can arrange that for you. Let me know,
Sara
"Let me in Blogger" makes it sound like your the big bad wolf and it's one of the three little pigs in a flimsy house. It's probably the little pig that, as a child, I imagined having a stuttering problem. Heck, I still put that into the story now!
On that note: have a good weekend!
Post a Comment