We used to throw a big party on New Years Eve every year. We would invite all of the families we knew, hire a young teen to be a helper, and had a great time enjoying adult convo while our then toddlers ran around creating havoc. There were several nursing babies, one of whom belonged to me, and we put out a lovely spread of kid friendly delicious nibblies for everyone. It was a great, casual, family friendly way to spend the night. We did this for several years. And then for a few years we started going away to a place called Bridge River for New Years for a free visit to some snow and great winter fun. Next we spent a New Years at Whistler. Last year we stayed home and discovered there wasn't much to do on New Years Eve that was family friendly and fun. Add in the fact that it often rains on New Years and the night becomes kinda dreary.
DH and I are thinking that perhaps it might be fun to have a family party again. There will be a few changes, the kids are old enough to serve themselves from the buffet, I won't be nursing (but those of you who do are most welcome to pick up the slack for me!! ha ha ha), and hopefully the kids won't create havoc this time around. I'm going to look into finding some lovely teenager to do some activities with the kids. We can set them up with some movies in the kids rec room too, leaving us downstairs to enjoy some champagne or wine or something. Everyone welcome (with or without children) so if you haven't already made plans for New Years, we would love to have you (providing you are willing to overlook my temporary but ugly couches). Feel free to invite friends as well. Anyone up for it?
Monday, December 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wish I could be there!!
Ugh! I know! We have our annual work party coming up... you know the one... a room full of fellow BA wannabe's, talking shop and laughing, and it just WON'T be the same without you. But soon my friend, soon. I will hold back from trying Lillet if you will - it can be our honorary drink. Either that or I'll make you a mint julep if you prefer!
This sounds like fun M. Wish we could be there (and I could serve as the nursing mom to pick up your slack LOL) but we will be celebrating at Timberline this year as we booked the family camp there from Dec 29-Jan 1. It was unbelievably reasonable for a family of 5 (I think because the younger two are still free! but even still it would have been). It will be our first trip out there and I hear it is fun.
We will raise a mug of coffee (or whatever they give us as I'm assuming it's a dry night there) in toast to you, though!
I think I'll take the Lillet, thank you. Ch-choo (no thankyou) on Mint Juelip.
Do I EVER know the one! When in BC I look forward to it ALL year ;-).
Post a Comment