Thursday, November 02, 2006

Can't wait for friday!

Suddenly the week is ending again and I am super excited because we have a special night coming up tomorrow! My dad is retiring and to celebrate we are going to an event at the Terminal City Club. Afterwards we are thinking of hitting a jazz club or going to a Champagne bar or something and then as a special extra for DH, I have booked us into the Opus Hotel.. It sounds expensive but the first part of the evening is free and I booked last minute at the hotel and got an okay rate. This is the second half of the anniversary present for DH that I mentioned many moons ago... Now that I finally have an income again, its a chance for me to thank him for doing so much and being so amazing while I toiled away on my Masters for the last 2.5 years. Not that the process is over - still have that thesis to finish/start/think on.

We are going to go shopping on saturday, first yaletown and then head over to South Granville to look at furniture and various house things. Depending on how long we stretch the day out for, might even swing by the Memphis Blues BBQ house on the way home and have dinner there.

So Thank goodness it is friday (almost).

6 comments:

Lindsey and Mike said...

Have an amazing weekend, you totally deserve it! Mike always talks about that Memphis BBQ. It sounds like quite the place. Take some pics if you go there so I can see what all the hype is about:)

Anonymous said...

The bar at the Opus is really nice and it has a great wine list. I've had champagne there before. Brunch is good too. Have fun and do go to Memphis Blues and have some pulled pork for me :) Enjoy your weekend!

Michelle said...

Sweet! Enjoy - nothing like a night away to rejuvinate. Hope you have a great time.

T. said...

SOunds so great! Have an excellent weekend!

Mike H said...

I love the Memphis BBQ, and I've only been there once. I should probably take Lindsey one of these days so she can see what all the hype is about.

Magnificent M said...

we had the memphis feast and brought home enough food to make a second meal out of it for the two of us AND the kids! It was very, very good. I don't usually like anything that is on the bone but this stuff was gooood!