Double double says I need to post again... apparently I have created an expectation of posting frequency - LOL! I did post a whiney post the other day about how stressed I was but deleted it because it was whiney. Since then there have been few changes... I am still stressed, I am still behind and I am struggling with report writing. I have completed the trip to Victoria - everyone loves a 14 hour day and it was good and stressful all at once. I walked in the door and dh literally walked out the door within 10 minutes becuase he had to drive to exotic Princeton for a work related trip. I spent the evening with the kids and we watched 30 minutes of RV and I laughed my pants off so that helped.
In an attempt to think positively, this post will contain good things that happened today:
1. Mpuff (her rapper stage name) sent me warm fuzzies in several forms and that made me smile!!!
2. I got paid from two sources and was able to pay off the debt that had been used to pay off my tuition. Phew. I hate having debt. I was also able to pay all of the bills and that is a good thing. I am going to walk down to my mailbox and see if there is any more!
3. Gorilla and I have decided it is pizza night (my hips are arguing about that but I told them to shove it and pizza has won out). We are going to eat pizza and finish RV. Very funny movie... stupid slapstick funny.
4. My client's grandmother hugged me today (slightly crossing a personal boundary but heartfelt!) and thanked me for my work so far... he's two weeks in to my services so glad they are pleased so far. He and his family bring me great joy!
5. A friend of mine with twins dressed her girls as chickens and they were the cutest chickens ever and I just about died when I saw them. Apparently old navy has good halloween costumes! who knew??
6. this technically happened a few days ago but I recently discovered that there is a Martha Stewart Signature furniture store over by Fabricana on United boulevard.... in the same building as couch potato. This IS a good thing! Martha's furniture isn't exactly in the style we are going with in our house but I do love her stuff!
7. Yesterday (so also not a today thing) a Grade 1 boy who had to tell his teacher an S word and then draw that s word in his journal chose to draw Salvation. I honestly thought he was actually thinking salivation but once the teacher wrote salvation on the blackboard he was down with that. I couldn't wait to see what he drew, expecting to see some rather graphic drawing of Jesus on the cross as this child, err, enjoys discussion of death! His teacher was so pleased that he was going to draw salvation (Christian school). But when I peeked at his book and there was this thing... I thought perhaps he had drawn a tongue and that indeed we were going with salivation but when I asked him what it was he told me it was a sandpit that sucks you in. He then added that this other blog was the truck that brought the cheese...! I laughed for about 3 minutes about that. No idea WHAT he was thinking of but it amused me!
8. Today is almost over which means this week is almost over so despite having accomplished little during this week (or so it feels) I have survived it.
9. I bought lemon lime flavored water that does not have sweetener in it and it was good. It is called O water. Much better than splash!
10. I ate a pizza pretzel for lunch - so not healthy but after yesterday I am craving carbs. by the time I finish the pizza tonight I will have likely not eaten a single vegetable. that is bad. I am going to go have some veggies with dip now.
Phew, that bought me a few days before double double has to do something to me to get me to enter another post... you know DD, your sabbatical post is causing me much of the same pain, perhaps it is time for YOU to post again...?????
Friday, September 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
O.k.MM and dd you two are far too cute for words. m's last paragraph really tickled my funny bone after a long day that taught me how stressful overfocusing on something can be.
Mo
I agree. It's time for Double Double to post again! Glad you could see the humor in your week. Hope next week is a better one for you.
It was nice to see you smiling tonight and it looks like you have found a bit of perspective on the week (really that it is now over but at least that's a start!LOL). Sometimes you just gotta do what you can and forget the rest. I'm not very good at that myself but it is great advice.
Post a Comment