Friday, September 29, 2006

Sparing you from reading the previous title repeatedly...

I must apologize... I have not been a good blogger lately. Some of you have apparently come to expect fresh posts from me on a regular basis. I was on a roll for awhile, inspired by 4ever29 and her daily posts. Life however, has taken me by the horns and sent me for a ride! Busy! Busy! Busy! Doing what? work, homelife, laying in bed ill.

Some highlights of my week:
-woke up on wednesday with one side of my head filled with mucus... excellent, to top it off, was waking up at 5;00 a.m. so I could catch the west coast express, then a float plane to Victoria. Flying with a cold is FUN!!!! not.
-flew in plane filled with business men. squishy plane. Full, every last seat. me snivelling and sneezing. Good times!
-spent 3 hours with someone who apparently is not my biggest fan... that is the joy of this work, trying to convnince those who oppose you that really your way is good. By the end of the 3 hours I think I accomplished my goal but it was hard to even tell anymore what the goal was. Walked out feeling chilled, hungry and discombobulated... only partially due to being sick.
-spent next 3 hours trying to force myself to think clearly while in my second observation of the day. Less problems at this one... good thing as the cold was spreading to the other half of my head.
-held an IEP meeting that went very well.
-RUSHED (and I do mean RUSHED) back to the float planes to fly home again... another full flight with my suited up friends. Nose ran the entire time... felt like a faucett. Beautiful day to fly so I looked for whales but saw none.
-took shuttle back to train, strolled into station only to find out that last train was leaving in 1 minute 23 seconds, paniced and with shaking fingers jammed credit card in machine to get ticket... ran down escalator with extremely heavy bag (stupid computer!!!) to jump on train right before they closed doors. Phew!
-spent ride home, walk home and a few minutes after I got home talking with supervisor... we were laughing but only because the other option was despair... we are frustrated over a work situation... this job is full of exasperation. Sometimes people say things to me like "oh wow, that must be a hard job" and they are referring to the kids that I work with but I tell you it ain't the kids that are hard, its the adults who surround them that can be frustrating. But I am so glad my supervisor and I have this partnership as I couldn't imagine doing it alone! She is an amazing mentor.
-crawled into bed and crashed when I got off the phone.
-thursday spent morning in bed, long day of work, came home, crawled back into bed. Gorilla took care of me and gave me some cuddles. sweet boy.
-this mornign I made soudough biscuits and replenished Simone, my sourdough starter. Yes I have named my sourdough starter. Don't laugh, Simone lives. There will always be a piece of Simone in my fridge. I have warned DH no matter how bad she smells, do not throw her out... She makes good bread, and each time I use some, I just replenish her.

That's it... that is my life so far this week. busy, not terribly interesting but a week survived nonetheless.

3 comments:

4ever29 said...

Maybe someday Simone can come by my place and hang out on Waffle Island. I don't think it's crazy to name things that are important to you. Hope you are feeling better. Maybe a bottle of two of wine would help...

Michelle said...

That cold is sure making the rounds and school only just started...dh still can't seem to really shake his. Hope you feel better soon.

T. said...

Feel better! Oi! I can imagine the frustration of the work situation.