It is not even 11:00 but I can feel that today is going to be scattered... I woke up at 5 am to the sound of Noel (my metrosexual cat) barfing on my bedroom carpet. I was dead tired and thought about ignoring it for a second and then came to my senses because a) its barf and b) it was big and c) the smell was overwhelming. I tried my best to remain half asleep during the clean up, with the full intention of returning to bed and the land of nod but the gagging (my own) and hideousnous of the task woke me up. I went back to bed but couldn't go back to sleep so I got up.
If I had been productive I would have accomplished things but in a tired stupor I stumbled around, stared at my dayplanner/to do list and checked my email. Finally I showered, woke the kids up and then allowed them to convince me to sneak back into bed to cuddle for "5 minutes". Five minutes became 20... then we got up. Lack of sleep and no progress.
We made our way through the usual routine, Banana was off to Dance camp and Gorilla played with the felt story board and made plays while I stared and tried to listen while waking up with a cup of coffee. He headed off to swimming lessons with a friend and I decided to get to work.
I am trying to up my water consumption as I am not drinking anywhere near enough so I headed upstairs to get my water bottle. This was at 9:25. At the bottom of the stairs was this small pile of items that need to be returned to the upstairs and so I efficiently grabbed the container of pencil crayons with the intention of dropping these off in the rec room, grabbing my water bottle from my bedroom, heading downstairs to fill it and then upstairs to get some work done. I made it as far as the rec room and then I stopped to pet Boomer (my other cat) and decided to vacuum the couch, cushions, rug, floor and assemble some stools...? Just on a whim! 45 minutes later the rec room was slightly cleaner, I had worked up a sweat and I had still not retrieved the water bottle or started working. I didn't end up filling the water bottle until 10:38.
I can see it will be productive today!
Wednesday, August 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Had to laugh at cat waking you up. Happens here all the time. Even though we have hardwood where does the hairball wind up? Yep, the carpet. And if you don't get up to clean it up then you will forget and step in it when you do get up - ask me how I know?!
Post a Comment