Wednesday, August 02, 2006
book club
I've been chatting with some friends about starting a group this fall... I'm not sure whether it would be a bible study or a reading group or what exactly... I was thinking it would be great to read something on being a mother, busy lives and balance and keeping God current in our lives as mothers. It is a challenge that I face and I know some of my friends face too. It is too easy to get caught up in the business of day to day and to let other things slide. My original thought was a bible study format but it could also be more of a Christian based book club. Would anyone be interested in joining? I still do not know if it will go ahead for sure. I have only talked about it with 2 other people, one of whom does not live close enough to attend. It would need to take place in the evening I think as I work during the day and my schedule fluctuates. I can easily host it here IF we ever get some furniture! LOL! (our living room looks like a yoga studio or something, completely bare... too bad I am not a fan of yoga!).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hey M,
I'd be interested! Let me know if you get it going.
Will do!
I would love to commit but only if it was a once a month kind of thing. Once September gets going life tends to get filled with kid stuff but I would love to have something of my own to commit to.
1x a month would probably be good, life does get hectic! When I told my husband I wanted to do this he told me I was crazy and that I am too busy! But I think I need to MAKE time for some female fellowship :-)
Post a Comment