Friday, August 04, 2006

Lacking anything original...

Okay I stole this from Michelle who I have not YET linked to because I am wracking my brain for a good seinfeld quote for her but am drawing a blank. Here is a link to her blog. And here are my answers...

What is your occupation? Mom first, Wife second, working towards being a behavior analyst third and professional nag fourth.

What color are your socks right now? flesh toned, no socks in summer!!!

What are you listening to right now? I was listening to India Arie's new album and then Sonya Kitchell in my car.

What was the last thing that you ate? veggie burger with cheese from BK. I skipped breakfast bc I was busy, didn't have time for lunch and so I ate after picking my daughter up from Dance camp on my way to our double date hair appointments. Normally I eat healthy, promise!!!

Can you drive a stick shift? No. I don't get the purpose, why would I want to when I can drive an automatic??!!

If you were a crayon, what color would you be? hmmm, puzzling. Have to admit, I am over analyzing this question... actually looked up crayola colors on google so I could think on it... first I said aquamarine but then I realized, I think I'd be brown. I like brown. I also like robin egg's blue, a color that crayola added in 1990.


Last person you spoke to on the phone? Some man who called the wrong number.

Do you like the person who sent this to you? No one sent it but I like the person I copied it from!

How old are you today? would you believe me if I said 29? When I was in Atlanta I was id'd 2x! So apparently when I was there I looked 21. (ha!)

Favourite drink? Wine. All types except really cheap wine. I love a good bargain, but there is a difference between inexpensive wine and cheap wine.

What is your favourite sport to watch? Does Dance count? Skateboarding is fascinating, gymnastics. Anything my kids are playing.

Have you ever dyed your hair? OH yeah baby, just had it done!

Pets two cats, Noel and Boomer, one guinea pig Hashbrown

Favourite foods? Love variety. Love mildly spicy, love expensive, love gourmet, love simply, love fresh, love anything with lemon. I mean anything.

What was the last movie you watched? Failure to launch, on dvd, last nightm, by myself as DH is away again.

Favorite day of the year? Christmas eve. Good friday is my most meaningful day but there is a lot of sadness and reflection so not so much a favorite day.

What was your favourite toy as a child? My stuffed blue elephant snuffy. My dad bought him for me in Winnipeg while travelling for business. I used to miss my dad when we travelled so much so his presents were incredibly meaningful for me. I toted that elephant all over the place. Still have him.

What do you do to vent anger? Oranize. Recently I have done my master closet, the gargage before we filled it with stuff from the storage space, my office, the kids rec room and last night I did my fridge. Sometimes I just get cranky. If I am really po'd, I cry. I don't cry very often when I am sad, more likely to happen when mad. I used to move furniture around and redecorate rooms. Once I put a house up for sale. Don't ask.

What is your favourite - fall or spring? Early fall. Still sunny, pretty colors, not scorching hot, like pumpkins, apples, harvest and all that.

Hugs or kisses? hugs, not a kisser.

Cherries or blueberry? Blueberries, best source of antioxidants and other stuff and cherries can give you the... well you know.

Do you want your friends to email you back ? Yes.

Who is most likely to respond? Stella. Also double double.

Pool or hot tub? pool, with air mattress and sunshine and perhaps an icy drink

Living arrangements? just bought the house of my dreams, okay well dreams can include things much larger and over the top, this is the practical version of my dreams. Love my house. Am getting frustrated by chaos within it though (see venting anger comments).

When was the last time you cried or teared >>up/emotional? While on "vacation".

What is on the floor of your closet? sweet bliss-nothing! Well a garbage can and very likely my cat Noel but otherwise nada!

Who is the friend you have had the longest that you are sending this to? Okay I'm not sending it but of my blog readers, double double is my oldest friend. 9 years 3 months. None of my long term friends blog... or at least I haven't told them I blog...hmmmm.

What did you do last night? walked to produce store with kids to buy shrooms, they were out, only had one type. Made dinner which was highly anticipated and didn't turn out as planned. Took kids to blockbuster, got movies, they watched movies, I felt frustrated because a)DH is away again (don't ask me how I like the new job) b)kitchen was horrifically messy- full garbage can, dishes everywhere, sink disaster, floor disaster, mail and paper piling up everywhere c) couldn't get fancy new bbq to light d)it was 8:00 and I had a tonne of cleanign to do, was falling behind in work and have laundry to put away and was tired blah blah blah. So I started to clean the kitchen, emptied trash, emptied and filled DW, cleaned cupboards with cleaner etc, felt better, went to put something in fridge and just felt this overwhelming urge to clean it cuz it was too full, mainly with stuff that was bad. So I emptied it and reorganized the condiments and sorted the items in the fridge and made it efficient again and felt 10x better.

Favourite smells? Michelle put her baby... ohhhh that used to be my favorite smell!!! oh I miss that!!!! lemon. coconut. freshly brewed coffee. certain white wines. garlic cooking (time dependent - if hungry, yes, not at breakfast time for example). Fresh bread.

What inspires you? the children I work with. Some are my hero's. Music. Of course my faith.

What are you afraid of? the loss of a child. Rats. the thought of not having DH (well there are days but.. hahaha, just kidding!)

Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers? umm, veggie? I hate ground beef. Gross. give me a soy burger, definately with cheese... blue cheese and some sauteed onions would be good!

Favourite dog breed(s)? The kind that don't poop in my yard... oh wait, we haven't invented those yet. Stuffies? Hmmm, guess that doesn't count. In theory I like various large dogs but I hate walking them in the rain, hate poop in my backyard and have no time for brushing etc. Favorite dog breed? My cats.

Number of keys on your key ring? no idea, a lot. 2 (house, car)

Number of years at your current Job? which job... mother 9.5 years not counting pregnancy. Wife past 10, more if you count time spent living in sin together (ha ha ha). Soon to be behavior analyst, over 6.

Favourite day of the week? hmmm, not sure. sundays I guess. we try to do family stuff that day.

How many provinces have you lived in? 2, Ontario and BC. Ontario was brief and that was long enough. Oh I suppose it woudl be okay but we are spoiled here. Its too pretty here.

Favourite Holidays? Christmas, Easter, Spring break!! Summer!!

Ever driven a motorcycle? Nope, DH used to for many years.

So there you go, more than you ever wanted to know about me... uh oh, chaos is erupting and the build a bears are fighting, so are my chidren, must run!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Hey M - I loved your answers! :-) I feel for you with your dh gone. This is the first year my dh didn't go up to the Queen Charlotte's to work. He was going up for three months a year. It was awful, I found it really hard especially with young kids while I was working too. This year with a baby on the way I said no way! LOL I don't know how people with spouses who travel a lot do it. I give them major props.

I'd love to hear your story about putting a house up to sale when angry! ROFL

Magnificent M said...

Doubledouble: LOL! yeah, you need your computer to be attached to your body and portable so you can multi task and blog! Ha! Just what we need eh??!! We must have a coffee soon, I feel like I haven't "seen" you other than a few drive bys!