Lots of work, lots of driving to and from White Rock, lots of house work (in the form of unpacking, organizing my office, setting up files) and errands. And now its friday and my to do list is still very large... and its hot. Oh, how hard it is to work when it is hot. I am seriously missing our pool at our old house at the moment. There is an outdoor pool a short walk away from our house and I am going to take Gorilla to the pool when he gets home from Pedalheads. Banana is still at camp and I haven't heard a peep from her so that is probably a good sign. LOL!
Summer feels half over already and at the same time like it barely got started!!!
I was laughing to myself last night.... I had read Stellah's post about walking down the avenue delierious with good coffee. Last night I found myself walking down my street in my pj's at midnight looking for my fat cat.

I was feeling slightly light headed from lack of sleep but couldn't sleep as I had foolishly consumed a red bull at 7:00 pm and that sealed my fate of being awake all flipping night. Fat cat had galavanted out the door at some point and had not returned. Fat cat is old and rather slow moving so I was a bit worried about his spending the night painting the town red. He also has a knack for waltzing into the houses of others so I figured he could have been anywhere. To top it off, he thinks he is tougher than he is. He is kind of like those ridiculous tiny dogs who think they are 200 lbs and try to take on rottweilers, bears and other large ferocious things. Boomer thinks he can take on any cat but in reality is too fat, too old, too slow and only has half of his teeth!
As I traipsed down the street, barefoot, pj clad and rather scruffy looking, I was calling out "boomer... boooommmmeerrr" and it crossed my mind that this is a weird name and that my neighbors, if not already sleeping, might be thinking I was insane. In my defense I didn't name him, he came with that name. The lady at Katie's place told me that at one point his name was Chester or Clarence or something equally dorky for a cat but that he had been Boomer for the last few years. We kept the name as we thought it was somehow cruel to change his name and hey, the kids enjoyed it. I then realized I was the opposite, insane version of Stella with lovely coffee on sunny avenue and that made me giggle. perhaps I should have strolled down the street with a glass of wine in hand... that would have just added to it. But I was not drinking wine (sacre bleu!) so I missed that moment. I'm sure there will be an opportunity to repeat.
I did not find Boomer by the way. He did come home at about 1:00 with a greasy oil spot on his head and a lovely story to tell, none of which I understood. But I was glad to see him, he's such a love bug.
3 comments:
So DH tells me tonight that one of our neighbors called last night to say that Boomer was at their house... I'm a bit embarrassed,this is the third phone call we've had about this cat alone. We will be notorious on our street for our overly familiar cats. They need a program....
lol! I will take you for lovely coffee and stroll down the avenue when you visit. We can also do your version as our cat has a tendency to disappear as well. We'll be sure to take a glass of wine with us this time ;-).
sounds like a plan!
Post a Comment