Friday, October 23, 2009

Pumpkin Sausage Pasta

This recipe was on the menu for last saturday but something came up and I didn't make it. This week has been chaotic. DH is away YET again, i have a bunch of things going on and then to top it off, I'm sick. After 2 days of blinding pain in my temples, I finally felt semi human today. I decided I needed something healthy and easy that the kids would like for dinner. Saturday's missed item seemed like a good choice.

Saute sausage. I used Raven Cream Ale pork sausages but any sausage will do.

Saute 1 cup of onions and 4 cloves of garlic in your frying pan with a smidge of grapeseed oil. (my prefernece). Add 1 cup of dry white wine and 2 tablespoons of fresh sage and simmer down to half the amount. Add 1 cup of bouillon and 1 cup of pumpkin and bring to simmer. Add the sausage back in. Simmer.

And here is where I deviated... you are supposed to add in evaporated milk but I didn't have it so I left it out. I served the sauce, thickened, on pasta and the kids loved it. They had seconds. It was delicious. It wasn't too pumpkiny and it had a nice savory flavor. Healthy(ish) yummy and relatively easy. Oh! And with the exception of the pasta, all very local and in season :) Yum!

1 comment:

T. said...

Sounds so good! Will definitely have to try this :)