After a long, busy day I resorted to one of my favorite quick meals - quesadillas.
I sauteed some sweet onion in olive oil, added 1 clove of garlic, mushrooms, red pepper, a julienned zucchini, some julienned carrots and a bit of chili garlic flax oil. Out of tortillas I used some large whole wheat chapatis and placed these on a baking sheet. AFter the veggies were sauteed, I placed them in the tortillas - lots for me, a smaller amount for the kids. Next I sprinkled on some cheese - lots for the kids and only a little for me, and then baked the quesadillas in the oven at 400 F for 10 minutes. A quick, nutritious, filling meal in under 30 minutes. And I used up a lot of veggies! I had planned on making some fresh salsa with it or at least chopping some cilantro but by the time I got the kids through their chores and cleaned up the kitchen, dinner was ready. I find it hard to get too motivated when it is just me and the kids.
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment