Sunday, September 28, 2008

A weekend well filled

The quintessential ikea moment:

Woman is standing by candles and says "Wow, these are only $3!!" She is speaking aloud but she is not really speaking to the man because he is not really listening.

He stands there vacantly gazing at the candles but not seeing the candles while he sends her messages of "let's go" and "I'm sick of this place" and "We already have 30 things that cost $3 in our cart" while impatiently sighing and tapping a package of napkins against his thigh....


In other news, I had dinner at the Naam last night with my BFF (lol!). It was yummy. I had the Naam dragon bowl which was brown rice and a slew of steamed veggies with peanut sauce. It was delicious. Love the Naam. Want to live closer to the Naam. I took the bus there and shockingly it was not that bad. I live very close to an awesome bus route that goes straight to coquitlam centre, and then took an express bus downtown and one more to kits. Really, it was quite manageable. I really should try to take the bus more often. And from our house we can easily catch a train bus too which is a direct route downtown,

Tomorrow I am having a work function at my house so am cleaning, organizing and did one of my "people are coming, I need decor" clean sweeps and have managed to fill some more spaces and hang up some art. there are still areas that need "stuff" though. I am rather opposed to filling areas just for the sake of filling. My house has too many of those areas. I am really more about function items and space so not sure what to do about the many alcoves of nothingness.

No comments: