DH and I took the day off for Gorilla's birthday and told him we could do whatever he wanted. He chose a day at the beach. We got up early on tuesday, made pancakes and Martha's sugar bacon for breakfast, packed out bags and headed out. The drive was treacherous as there was an incident on the highway but we finally arrived. The sky was looking less than stellar. We trekked to the beach, laid out our stuff and felt our first rain drop. The sky spitted on us off and on for a few hours as we sat and read while the kids played, hoping for sun. We had our picnic lunch, complete with iced cupcakes for G's bday. Finally it began to spit continuously and we decided it was time to proceed with plan b. Unfortunately no one had though to create plan b... eventually we settled on going to Granville Island. I think DH thought I was just planning a me activity but I thought the kid would enjoy the waterpark and G had money to spend at the kids market.
The water park was the perfect choice and the kids splashed and zoomed down the free waterslide for a very long time. We dried off and headed over to the kids market where we looked around but didn't end up buying anything with G's money. I bought some books though for homeschool. After the market we bought the kids ice cream floats, visited the lobsters at Lobster Man and bought a baguette at La Baguette. We picked up a delicious salmon for our dinner on Wednesday night and looked around the market at all of the yummy foods.
We headed to Sophie's Cosmic Cafe for dinner. If you haven't been there, I would highly recommend it. It was a bit of a hang out for me back in college as I was a vegetarian and my boyfriend at the time was not. Sophie's had good options for both of us and fantastic milkshakes :-) Gorilla had his standby of chicken strips with fries, Banana had perogies with salad, DH had an oyster burger (it was soooo good!) and I had the vegetarian plate, which was AMAZING!! Steamed veggies in garlic butter, spicy black beans, mashed potatoes, grilled cornbread and a salad. It couldn't have been more yummy!!
Thursday, August 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds like a fabulous birthday day! Wow, both your kids are in the double digits now!
I know... it makes me feel old and fearful... they are both tweens with the teens fast approaching. Soon I'll have TWO teenager. I am scared
Post a Comment