Tuesday, July 29, 2008

So this is how DINKS live?

(DINKS = Double income no kids)
My Day:

Slept in until 9:00 a.m.
Got up, got ready for work, worked from home for a bit and then went to work
Worked - not with kids today so wore sexy heels! Woot!
Went out for thai food with some girl friends
Came home, checked email drank wine, talked to husband... uninterrupted
Went upstairs, put on pj's at 7:00 pm and read novel, Stranger in a Strange land
napped
woke up at 10:03, rolled over and told husband "I wish we had some ice cream". He said "Lets go and get some"
We drove to grocery store and bought 4 types of ice cream (Vanilla, reesse peanut butter cup, cookie dough and some chocolate concoction + some magic shell chocolate sauce)
Woman in grocery store line eyed me up and down and commented on my large quantity of ice cream
came home had huge ice cream sundae in a soup bowl

I do miss my kids. Really. But this is like a holiday. I think we should find more sleepaway camps ;-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds fun... I especially liked the part about heading out for ice cream at 10pm. Enjoy.

T. said...

Awsume! I love that J. just said "let's go get some!" Excellent!

Anonymous said...

We sometimes do the ice cream thing . . . when the kids are in bed. J got to experience it once and felt badly for N. Sometimes I think about all the glories of the DINK life, at least for a time. Can you imagine BOTH working with no kids to spend the money on?
Deanna