Friday, May 02, 2008

Insanity Revisited

What a horrid week! Ugh.

Monday:
-work all day out of house
-drive home
-have to drive B to New Westminister for Choir practice as she has to miss her tuesday practice here in MR and missing is NOT an option
-have 2 hours to kill, am stuck in NW, it is pouring rain, and I mean pouring. Have Albert with me, he barks the entire way to NW, all through NW. I work in Starbucks and develop a chill
-pick up B, drive madly to port moody for dog training class
-get home at 9:45, tired, chilled and crabby

Tuesday:
- spend part of day in preschool
-have meeting that goes extremely well but gave me much stress beforehand
-meeting supposed to end at 5:00 but at 5:40 I am still trying to get out door
-drive madly back to home and arrive home at 6:20
-pick up B and begin mad drive to Abbotsford
-have not had breakfast yet
-drive to UCFV. supposed to be there for 7;00, we arrive 7:15
-B is competing in some sort of reading competition challenge thing with school against district
-they win silver- way to go!!

Wednesday:
-drop children at school, drive to West Vancouver
-spend part of day in elementary school
-drive to pitt meadows
-pu friends excellent child
-take child with me to work in langley for playdate with client
-drive excellent child back home in rush hour traffic. He keeps me amused for entire drive
-drop excellent child off at home, drive to Albion ferry, walk on ferry, get picked up and go to meeting in Langley
- am exhausted in meeting and brain isn't working well. I attempt to hide this
-meeting finally ends, am driven back to ferry.
-ride out front on ferry enjoying sunset feeling pleased that day is over and I have survived... little do I know...
-walk long ways from ferry to car on deserted road. Pitbull leaps at fence in industrial yard and scares me.
-arrive at car, press magical button on VW thing that controls all functions of car... nothing happens. Press again and again, try different angles, shake it, attempt to see if battery can be opened... no it can't... start to feel panicky... ponder whether crying will help... it won't... can't call home as DH is away... think of who I know close by... no one... finally call neighbors and ask neighbors to bring spare magical opener from house...
-wait for white knight on horse/neighbor to arrive. Rustling in bushes sounds suspiciously like rats... mind goes into overdrive... back away from bushes keeping my eyes on bushes at all times... back away from car as rats are known to hide under cars... decide to stand across street away from bushes and attack rats
-car issue finally sorted and I am able to drive beast home

Thursday:
-horrid headache... sleep part of day
-spend rest of day getting cakes ready for fun fair at school
-Banana made a cake that looked like a book
-Gorilla made a cake that looked like a pizza

Lets hope today goes smoothly... but its busy so who knows!!

No comments: