It must be spring... last night we had a cucumber salad (not very local I'm afraid) and we ate hot cross buns for breakfast today. Its been a long time since I've had either one and both tasted superb!
I made apple cake yesterday and it was very good. It about as healthy as dessert can be without crossing the line to repulsive. There are tonnes of apples in it and I cut down the sugar a bit. We also had vegetarian meatballs in a homemade bbq sauce and squash with apples (and brown sugar). We are making a lot of dishes with apples lately as I bought a case lot box of apples. We eat a lot of apples in this house and they are a nice local addition. We've been eating apple and carrot salad, apple and peanut salad, apple and celery salad, apple stuffing in squash, apple muffins... phew!
I'm looking forward to spring...the promise of asparagus, mint, peas, rhubard, spinach, wild greens and joy of all joy, LETTUCE excites me. And ohhh, strawberries not too far behind... yum!
Friday, March 07, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment