Saturday, February 23, 2008

Awful week

Warning: I am about to whine and complain and bitch about my week... you have been warned.

The week started out okay... DH and I finally had our Valentines dinner on sunday night and it was lovely. We started with crostini with an artichoke mixture on top and then had tenderloin steak with wine sauce, spaghetti squash, steamed potatoes with a La Frenz Reserve wine in a bordeaux style. Very good! We had bittersweet chocolate mousse with Elephant island framboise for dessert. In an effort to have some romance we set up a table in our bedroom as it is hard to have a romantic dinner for two when your Mexican student is watching TV in the TV room!! The candles and the privacy allowed us to have a very nice conversation and the dinner was very good.

It went downhill from there.

On monday I woke up feeling horrid but blamed it on the wine. I didn't have that much but just figured the framboise did me in... high sugar content and its fortified. Turns out it was not the wine, I was coming down with a yucky bug. I dragged myself to work on monday and attempted to look alive but by 3:00 I realized I was getting sick. I spent most of tuesday and wednesday in bed. Albert arrived for his sleep-over with us on tuesday and despite not feeling well he and I went for several walks each day. I had no choice really as DH was out of town for the week. Thursday I was slated to drive Banana's class on a field trip and so I attempted to get out of it but couldn't so on thursday morning I attempted to rally my energy and dragged myself and three very loud girls up to seymour mountain. By the end of the trip I felt like death warmed over and had a fever and the chills so crawled back into bed for the rest of the evening.

We were supposed to leave for Whistler on thursday afterschool but I was in no shape to drive the sea to sky. We left on friday morning instead but as a result missed out on skiing on friday... not that I could have skied but the kids could have. Now it is Saturday and I feel better but still not fab. I am so grossly behind work wise that I am sitting in the lodge at Whistler and will be working all day while my family ski's. I am debating going back to sleep for a bit...

Albert by the way is a great dog and all went well last week. He is coming to live with us permanently on Monday. The kids are very excited.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm sorry your week was so yucky, but yay on choosing Albert. I'm sure he will be well loved.

T. said...

The dinner sounds great! I can't wait to meet Albert :-). I hope you're feeling better!!!