Saturday, January 05, 2008

Yumminess

We had a potluck today with seven of my colleagues and their families and I decided (this morning) that I would take pizzas. Remarkably I had almost everything I needed to make three incredible good pizzas. I made one that was half cheese, half pepperoni for the kids. The second was vegan (because two of the women are vegetarians) and was loaded with roasted veggies and had a base of pesto frozen in the fall from my bounty of pesto. The third was a new recipe that I found today and it was INCREDIBLE: Fig and prosciutto pizza. Homemade crust, homemade fig jam (black mission figs, red wine, balsamic vinegar, sugar and shallots), blue cheese and thin layers of prosciutto - very well received!

1 comment:

T. said...

Sounds like a great meal! The fig pizza looks SOOOO good...will have to try. One of my favorites is pizza with blue cheese, apples, and gorgonzola.

I have all the ingredients waiting for a fig and blue cheese stuffed pork tenderloin. I was going to make it a few days ago but have been sick, so the pork is in the freezer, and hopefully I can do it soon!