Wow, its been awhile! I've been busy.
We have successfully moved my office back upstairs and moved the tv room downstairs. I managed an ikea tv armoire that matches our bookcases on craigslist so we snapped that up. What was the rec room is now OUR rec room. I have my desk and bookcase, we will set up DH's guitar equipment and we now have a space where we can stretch, do pilates or yoga etc. I'd like to set that up so Banana can use it for ballet practice as well. I like this room for working in. I feel very peaceful here.
Work has been busy but that is not new. Now that my final IEP is in the bag I feel slightly less harried. I still have a huge to do list but that will never change.
I had a great massage at Spa Utopia in North Van. It was a gift and therefore free and this made it extra good. My massage therapist had an accent and reminded me a bit of the old jokes about the East Germany olympic teams. Made for a good massage. She found muscles that were knotted and sore that I didn't know existed. I think I might love her (kidding!)
I went shopping at Lulu lemon and at the Gap and bought myself a few new staples. It is amazing how a few pieces can make a wardrobe in peril feel decent again. The lulu lemon trip was extremely exciting. I have never shopped at lulu before but I have been going to a tai chi/pilates/yoga class called Body Flow at my gym and love it and needed some comfortable clothes for this and for working at home. Comfortable but not ugly was my goal and it was definately achieved.
I've been busy going to body flow classes this week. I've abandoned all of my usual high cardio classes like step because of my hips/back issues. Flow doesn't burn calories the way that the other classes did but I have to say the stress relief I get in that class is amazing. I love how graceful it is and the focus it brings. I feel good in that class. I'm chalking it up as therapeutic.
I have done snap all on my thesis over the last 1.5 weeks. My advisor hates me. It is still stressing me out. My advisor has loved me in the past, I'm sure that I can worm my way back into his heart. Must get to work on thesis....
Sunday, October 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Lulu is the best for comfy but not ugly clothes! I only have one pair of their pants which I got with a gift certificate from D. I have had them for about 3 years now, and they barely look worn at all. They are super comfy, durable, dry quickly after washing, and are the ultimate work-at-home/yoga/gym pants. I had a hard time swallowing the price of them when I got them (but did, as I had the gift certificate), but they have turned out to be well worth the cost, as I'm sure I"ll have them for at least another couple of years. I've never had comfy pants or other yoga pants last anywhere near that long!
I bought 2 pairs, one in chocolate brown and a second in black. Also bought a pretty dance sweater in pink/rose that goes with them and can be worn over top of my yoga top so that I truly do not need to change and yet look presentable :-) Also bought a couple of tops as I find it hard to find sport tops that cover the tummy without being hideous. I went a bit nuts! But I am not one for shopping and like to do it all in one big bang.
I've seen your lulu's... you've had those for 3 years? wow! They totally look new!
Post a Comment