Monday, May 14, 2007
Prayer request
My uncle was diagnosed with cancer of the throat and mouth not too long ago. I don't know much about Cancer (except that I have lost 2 people that I cared about to it already) but apparently this is a very serious type of cancer to get as it is difficult to get rid of. He was scheduled for surgery immediately and the surgery took place last week. The surgery was 14 hours long and took 6 doctors to perform. I am horrified by the thought of this. Apparently the surgery went well and they are optimistic that they removed all of it. He will need to go through a second surgery with a plastic surgeon to repair his neck but hopefully that will be the end of it. If you can join me in prayer, please pray for my uncle's recovery, for wisdom for the doctors who are treating him, for my extended family who are very close knit, for my grandpa who is 91 and very worried about his son but who is getting to the age where stress can take a significant toll, and for my aunt and my two cousins who must be so scared and anxious right now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'll be praying.
And, for the record, whenever I think of you the words 'corageous' and 'brave' often come to mind. Hope life picks up soon.
Prayers being said. Take good care.
Post a Comment