My day
3:30 am: crawled out of bed and thought about crying I was so tired
4:00 am: drove downtown
4:29 am: saw young woman at Hastings and Main who was wearing a TWU sweatshirt and riding a 6 year olds pink and white bike... likely stolen. Felt extremely sad.
4:41 am: joing growing line at passport building. I was #42 in line.
5:10 am: I made some foolish comment about how at least it was not raining and that the weather was fairly nice.
5:17 am: it began to rain and then the wind picked up a little.
6:00 am: they opened the doors of the building to allow the linees to sit in an orderly fashion in the qued chairs inside. At that point the line was easily over 300 people and stretched through the building. They process 40 passports an hour and serve approximately 400 people every day.
6:15 am: the commissionaires were saying that those arriving now would not likely be served.
7:30 am: people who had lined up before 4:00 am were taken upstairs to the magical land of passports.
8:00 am: my turn to travel up the magical stairs.
9:05 am: I am dismayed to learn that the pick up option is no longer available unless you have booked you airline ticket and have proof of purchase. I had not bought my ticket because I wanted to be sure I could fly as I have no passport at the moment. Felt like the chicken who was asked "who came first you or the egg?" It all seemed so illogical.
9:20 am: I am done, and get back in my car.
9:40 am: ponder whether I am safe to drive in current state as I cross the pitt river bridge
10:15 am: ate lunch and contemplated whether I should take a nap. Decide I don't have time and make a coffee instead.
10:30 am: sat down with ball and chain and began to work
Thursday, April 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Wow - you are amazing. I hope you can sleep in tomorrow. What a day - but at least it is done. :-D
Congrats!! Good job!!! Way to go!!
Jericho and I have to get passports before November... what would you recommend? Getting them now or later?
Hey Sara! Hmm, I would say mail them in now as it will take several months. I wouldn't advise lining up unless absolutely neccessary!!! I thought it would have died down by now but apparently it is just getting worse so you might not want to wait. Where are you going?
We're going to Hawaii with Nate's family for 10 days. Should be fun! I thought I would go next week and get pictures taken and fill out the stuff. Mine's ok until next Feb, but I figure since I need one for the babe and since mine's still in my maiden name, I should fix it.
Way to go!!! Our kids got their passports in about 3 weeks after D stood in the line-up. My Mom's took 13 weeks after mailing it in.
Sara, How fun! I love hawaii! You may have already seen these but if you haven't, they make these great little swimsuits for toddlers and babies that are UV proof up to something like SPF 100. They come in one piece of two piece and look almost like wetsuits. They are a bit pricey but they are worth it when protecting little ones. Nate has seen Gorilla's so he would know what I am yapping about if I am making no sense :-) They sell them at Mico's or at other places that sell swimsuits.
Post a Comment