After dropping the kids off and a brief stint of work at home, I realized I needed to go to the public library to look for some story books for a kindergarten class I am visiting on Wednesday. Surprisingly alert for a monday morning I thought it might be nice if I combined all of my stockpiling errands and got it all done in one shot. I headed out the door 10 minutes later with a list, library books to return and the dry cleaning. I forgot the bag of winners returns but no one is perfect. As I was driving along Dewdney I remembered I needed to go to Roots so I stopped in there. While there I remembered that there were no lunch drinks in the house so I bought some soy chocolate milks (Gorilla's fav). I drove to the library and remembered that I needed scrapbook pages* so I popped into photo express and bought 10. Feeling rather pleased with how much I was getting done, I grabbed the library books to be returned and headed into the library with the intentions of replacing my lost library card, finding great story books and finishing many of the weeks tasks before 11:30 on a monday morning. I spoke to the librarian about my lost card and she said it was no problem to replace it as long as I had picture ID. No problem I replied. I opened up my purse and to my dismay, my licence was not there!!! Agh! Suddenly I remembered that it was on my desk, with my credit card. Sick! Back home I returned, got the card, returned to the library (20 minutes away) and repeated the whole process again. It was the end of efficiency for the day. I spent too much time trying to find books that suited my needs only to find nothing that was exactly what I needed. I came home too late to get much done on my work before turning around to pick up banana and drive her to ballet. I managed to drop off the dry cleaning while she was in ballet but didn't accomplish much else. I came home for a brief stint before an appointment, then there was some lag time before dinner** and here I am. 8:04 pm and the list is long.
*yes, I scrapbook, nothing beautiful like doubledouble's masterpieces. And no, I am not one of those sticker happy, over-hair sprayed scrapbooking manic's who run around yapping about crop talks! I simply like to write about what is happening so that when I am old someone can read it to me and I can pretend I remember the good times.
**DH bbq'd steaks for dinner! wow, what a man!
Monday, April 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am still seeing Banana dip..... inefficiency is always the end result of efficiency.....happy scrapping!
I dare not blog about my efficient weekend!
I bought scrapbooking pages but I won't be scrapping anytime soon... my desk is overflowing with work and I am so behind that my head feels like it will explode!!!
Mmmm, steak. That sounds like a highlight. I would have been so cheesed if I made it all the way to the library just to find no ID. Frustrating!
Hope today was a better one.
Post a Comment