Sunday, April 01, 2007

Addictions

We had a large group over this morning for brunch. I made a new waffle recipe using a yeast based dough and they were incredibly light and fluffy. We made THE bacon recipe and although my guests thought it looked weird when I was making it, they kept saying how good the bacon was. Yummm. We also had strawberries and whip cream and some lovely, rich espresso. I bought a new espresso machine 2 weeks ago and we are completely in love with it. It wasn't a purchase I was planning to make, more of a splurge, but I have no regrets. My dad has this amazing machine that does everything and practically washes the dishes too. While we were away he saw it at the Bay, on sale for over $700 off the original price! He called me and asked if I wanted to buy it and I said yes so he picked it up for me as it was the last one. It makes great espresso, fab foam and can also make a rich cup of coffee, americano style. Stella would be so proud. We are going to take the other one up to the condo so that we will never be without espresso again.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can smell the espresso now..... I must taste

Magnificent M said...

when are you coming over then :-)

Anonymous said...

i did call!

Magnificent M said...

Ha! sorry I missed that! am desperately writing today and am in my pj's with hair in a bun on top of my head (no shower yet) and am looking pretty "special". How about on friday or saturday? What time is your church service on friday?

4ever29 said...

Congrats on the new espresso machine.