10 more weeks until I head off to San Diego with some girl friends. So far the plans include sun, sea, good mexican food, some animal behavior lessons courtesy of Seaworld and pina coladas deckside at the pool. We seem to be focussing on the pina coladas more than the rest of the trip... oh ya, almost forgot 5 days of pure, unadulterated behavior analysis dorkiness. Its like disneyland only better, LOL! Usually our confernece trips include buying wine that we keep in our hotel room to allow for some affordable drinks. Now I am pondering whether I could bring a blender so we could make pina coladas for cheap. Any ideas on packing a blender across the border?
Our next holiday is still in the works but it looks like we are going to Haida Gwaii (or the Queen Charlottes) in July. We have a wedding to go to up North and then we will stop off at DH's family's farm and then head over to the islands. We are planning on some kayaking, some mountain biking, possibly some canoeing and camping. I'd also really like to go whale watching. I'm sure there will also be some fishing between the various men and children. I technically can fish but would much prefer to spend that day snuggled up with a good book... actually that sounds like a good reason to encourage the troops to go fishing!
Aside from that we are planning to spend many weekends on the beach at our condo and a few up at Whistler. The kids are going to sleepaway camp this year and that means 1 whole week of just me and DH... kinda weird but I think we will have a good time.
Tuesday, March 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment