Thursday, March 29, 2007

Couch stories

The couch has not been ordered (yet) but DH has exchanged several phone calls regarding the couch so I am still optimistic. We have until Saturday to order it for the sale price. I just *love* that we are waiting for the last minute, LOL! For some reason DH volunteered for the job of ordering it. I know that if it was up to me, it would be ordered already but he knows I am swamped this week and was kindly trying to take some of the tasks off my plate. It is very sweet of him but between you, me and the blog stalkers, I think it is more stressful to have to have the "did you order the couch today honeybuns" conversation then to have just done it! He assures me that he will indeed order it tomorrow. Tonight was the third night that he has told me this. Who wants to take bets on whether I end up placing the order tomorrow at 3:00 when I get home from work ;-) Despite this slight hiccup, I have to say, he is such a sweetheart. He is such a great help around the house. I had a long day today and although I am usually home for 3:00 to pick up my kids, today I had a long meeting and didn't get home until 5:45. I walked in the door and found him cooking an herb and garlic lamb sausage, toasting pine nuts, boiling pasta and sauteing kale in garlic. What an awesome man!

6 comments:

4ever29 said...

Good luck with the couch! You are a very lucky girl.

Magnificent M said...

The couch has been ordered.... finally. Now we need chairs, paint colors and hopefully a piano :-) But those are easier... craigslist here i come!

Michelle said...

I was coming to check on the couch. I thought of you last night and wondered if it ever got ordered. Yay for a new couch. I have discovered a lovely bottle of Yellow Tale Shiraz/Cab that would go perfectly with a new couch. Let me know when it arrives and I will drop one off. :-)

Magnificent M said...

drop it off? nooo, you must enter and assist in consuming... lol!

Michelle said...

Will I be allowed to sit on the new couch?

OH, M. Have you had the YT Shiraz/Cab? It is (to me, the totally wine uneducated) one of the smoothest wines I have had in forever. And to think I bought it because it had the word "chocolate" on the back label!

Magnificent M said...

I have tried that one and it is good! Haven't had it in a few years though... we buy so much BC wine that we don't go to the LQ very often anymore. Did the label say it had tastes of chocolate or that it went with chocolate? either way I may need to buy some.

and yes, you can sit on the couch! LOL! that is its sole purpose. It is in a nice practical "stone" color so it is meant for enjoying wine on. When picking out the couch we had a salesperson ask us "what will you be using the couch for?" and I said "tasting wine". No joke. She then suggested I walk away from the pristine white couch I was salivating over. Yeah. Stone it is.