Saturday, February 10, 2007
Chuck E Cheese
Last night we went to Chuck E Cheese's in Langley and had way too much fun. When I was a child there used to be a Chuck E Cheese in burnaby. It was this dark cavern of a place with various rooms and in each room there were different "shows" with these stupid robotic characters. I absolutely loved it. I imagine that it was far from clean but I didn't care, I was too busy whacking moles and playing skee ball. Last night I relived those memories. The new CEC was open and brightly lit with windows and no "show rooms" but the feeling was still the same. After pizza and salad we divied up the tokens and the kids took off. Gorilla and his dad had a blast on various games and Banana zoomed off on her own. I sat at the table eyeing up some teradactyl game and craning my neck to find the skee ball. Finally, I could not handle it any longer, I grabbed a token, inserted it into the teradactyl and I was hooked. Banana and I teamed up shortly afterwards and there was no going back. I quickly figured out that I could Kick cheesy butt on the memory game (that was designed for CHILDREN)so I played a few rounds of that to cash in mucho tickets for Miss Banana. Banana and I rocked the skee ball world, played some pinball and she rode some virtual roller coaster ride going backwards. At the end of the night we divided the tickets between the children and they shopped for various plastic crap, err prizes, and then we headed home. If I feel energetic later, I'll post some pictures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love skee ball! I know would attest to that too. I had my 6th birthday at Chuck E. Cheese. I believe it was the one in Burnaby (we lived in Eagle Ridge at the time) and I remember those robotic shows...weird. But glad to know it's rocking the kasba now:) Go skee ball!
you me and some skee ball... now that would be some good times!
Post a Comment