Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Warning: whining ahead

I woke up yesterday too early, unable to fall back asleep. I got up worked, worked some more, realized I had forgotten to pay for hot dog day, have moments of panic and guilt, and then worked some more. Took kids to school, managed to squeeze in my hot dog payment before lady took money to buy hot dogs, returned home, did more work. I left at 2:30 to go to a team meeting. I had intended to make myself a strong coffee before I went but ran out of time somehow. As a result I found myself needing toothpicks to keep my eyes open at the team meeting. I kept finding myself going cross eyed and my vision blurring over. It was not good. I kept changing my position, and giving my head a quick shake in hopes of waking myself up. I told DH later that I could have quite easily laid on the floor and gone to sleep... meanwhile I am trying to make important decisions. Ugh. I did make it through though.

By the time I got home I was done. I have a bit of a cold and the long day did me in. We ate dinner I attempted to supervise homework and then I simply crashed in bed... fully dressed... and passed out for the night. Forgot to set my alarm, woke up this morning at 7:37 (we leave at 8:05) and panicked. Jumped up to discover I had an almost migraine stage headache pulsing on one side of my head, pain in my chest from this bug, and was struck with the realization that the kids thermos' were not cleaned and I had nothing non-thermosable to pack in their lunch. A bad word was said this morning. It starts with an S and describes foul brown stuff. I ran around pressing on my head while trying to get the kids ready for school. Arrived at school to see that all the good mommy's sent their kids to school with their sleds. I apologize to my kids for not anticipating this, they say "its okay mom. I used cardboard yesterday and it worked well." Gorilla tells me that he crashed into the fence yesterday while sledding. I tell them I love them.

I have a long day ahead of me. I do have a pedicure squished in the middle of the day so that should help me relax... should've scheduled a facial, all of the stress and late nights has rendered me to looking like an old hag. Add on the extra pounds I have accumulated and I look like C.R.A.P. Part of me just doesn't care at the moment but part of me can't help thinking that I have a big party to go to on friday night.

And now I am whining. So I am going to stop. A bath, getting some chores done and the pedi should help.

2 comments:

4ever29 said...

Enjoy your pedicure! I hope that your day gets better :)

Michelle said...

Do your toes look pretty?

Then I want to add that on Saturday night you certainly didn't look like crap. You looked great! :-)