Thursday, November 16, 2006
Prayer request
I have another prayer request to add to the mix... please pray for my DH. He was in a serious car accident this morning in the Yukon. The truck he was in rolled, several times I think but the details are fuzzy, and landed upside down. He was pinned in but fortunately his passenger was able to get him free and kick open the door and get him out. He has been x-rayed and apparently nothing is broken but there is heavy bruising and they are keeping him in the hospital for at least another day. So in short he is okay but in a lot of pain. I am just grateful that it wasn't worse.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
I forgot to mention that when I told him I would pick him up from the airport when he came back, he told me I didn't need to and that he could drive home because he still has one good arm. Uhmm, ya. I think my words to him were "that is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. You can not drive back from the airport with "one good arm". You just had an accident for pete's sake, do we really need to risk you life a little more?"
Honestly. I am going to chalk up that brilliant moment to the morphine.
DH's work just called and I was able to get a lot more information from them. Apparently DH was pinned under a heavy weight (some part of the truck)for over 1.5 hours. Apparently they are very lucky that they were found when they were as it is a fairly untravelled road and they were in a difficult to see spot. I think I was better off not knowing all of this because I was under the impression that it was not quite this bad. Now I am just very worried but also attempting to block the "what ifs" that are racing in my mind. Thank the Lord for watching over my husband. Now I need to pick up my kids and I am not sure what I should tell them. :(
Wow. I don't know exactly what to say...but he's definately in my prayers. And I'm praying that this won't be too stressful on the rest of you too.
M, please know that you and your family are indeed in my prayers. Please let me know what I can do for you. Do you want me to drop off dinner for you guys tomorrow just to ease one burden?
I can totally understand that you won't relax until you see him walk through the doors at the airport and you can hug him (albeit very gently!!) and feel that he's there with you....safe again.
You have my prayers....and I won't tell you to not to worry.....you must worry, that's a given....just worry a little less. Take good care.
M - Prayers are defiantely with you and J. and the kids. That's so scary. Sending hugs via the internet ;-)
Keep us posted if you can.
I will definately be praying for him.
M - I just read this now. I assume that J is coming home today and thank God he is safe. I am saying prayers that he will heal quickly and that your family will not be too stressed by all of this. Please let me know if you need anything.
Hi everyone,
Justin left a brief and inaudible message on my phone this morning, something about they are monitoring his arm still and something about flights but I couldn't make it out. I don't actually know when he is going to be able to come home but I am hoping for tomorrow. I called the hospital today but apparently he is in transit to Whitehorse... while that sort of sounds bad I THINK that this actually means he has been released and will be flying home tomorrow but the hospital lady didn't know. sigh. Thanks for thinking of him though.
Yikes! I take a day off reading blogs and look what I miss. I'll be sure to include his safe return and quick healing in my prayers tonight.
Sheesh. I guess this means he won't be playing his axe for a little while. Bummer.
thanks 4 ever 29 for dinner! I snuck a bite - afterall it is pork and who can resist that?!? - but am saving it for tomorrow because apparently my bruised and contusion covered man is coming home then and I have to pick him up etc. Thank you so much!!! Mucho appreciated! I'm sorry I missed you as I have this lovely "welcome home" present sitting her for you and its friday night, perfect night for it!
Post a Comment