Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Conversations with Stella

I feel as though I have arrived on one of the many plateau's of life. Life reminds me of a long and difficult hike and you wonder if you will make it and then suddenly you arrive at a small, flat spot where you can pause and soak it all in. You can see where you came from, you can see a bit of the path ahead of you and you can rest and just enjoy the moment. Those moments are beautiful. Looking back all of the events seems so perfectly orchestrated, so wonderfully interwoven, and simply amazing.

My very good friend said to me the other night "God is so Good!" and she is right. Sometimes we think we want something so badly and it doesn't work out and we wonder why God isn't bringing us towards the place we think is perfect for us. It can be so hard to let go and just trust sometimes... but what always amazes me is those moments when we get that glimpse of His perfect plan and we realize that His path was the right path all along. I thank God for all that he has and is teaching me, and that He stayed by me and that He led me here. The view is breathtaking.

As Mahalia Jackson says in one of my favorite songs:

"And I want to thank God for how he taught me
I want to thank my God for how he kept me
And I’m going to thank Him because he never left me
And I’m going to thank God for old time religion
And I’m going to thank Him for giving me a vision"

God is Good!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Definitely. Sometimes (actually lots of times) I thank God for unanswered prayers.

T. said...

God is indeed so good. It's amazing how especially at those times when we are straying, floundering, feeling lost and unsure of ourselves, he is working out his plan all the time. That as long as what we do, we do to His Glory, he will mold it into his plan for us, and there can be no really wrong decisions. If we give each decision to Him, He will use it to His Glory. Amazing.