It has happened again. I am not taking care of myself, I am neglecting my needs and it is showing.
Literally.
When I started this blog I was writing about my health and fitness goals, my workouts, my rediscovered hobby of running and other such healthy pursuits. Then I got busy with the move, prepping for Atlanta and then my internship started, then I started my new job and suddenly workouts were scheduled for manana. I kept thinking "I just need to get this done and next week I'll have more time. Next week turned into August. In August I said, come fall, when my schedule stabilizes I will have time to return to the gym. Its October 20th and I haven't seen the interior of the gym since my last feeble attempt to go in June. Manana.
I have started going to one class a week - ballet bootcamp at the Leisure centre. It is a good workout and I really enjoy the opportunity to fit some ballet back in my life again. But one workout isn't going to cut it. Efforts must be doubled to quote whats his name from American Pie. My plan?
1. I need to regain control of my eating - stress is taking its toll and a hurried life, rushed work and lack of energy lead me to return to bad habits and eating in the car. Skipping lunch is a very bad, bad habit.
2. I need to eat more veggies again, they've slipped to the wayside a bit.
3. Must drink more water.
4. Need to find some workouts that will fit into my new schedule. I need to get better control of my schedule. Now that my internship is *almost* over, I hope this will be doable.
5. I need to journal what I eat. Ugh do I ever hate journaling. It stinks. I am going to search and see if i can find something that will go on my palm. This might actually work for me.
I am going to return to the gym but am going to change to a gym closer to my house. I have scheduled 3 different appointments to sign up and have cancelled each one. No more. I am going. Manana.... no, really I am going tomorrow, I promise :-)
(writing it to all of you will force me to be accountable. Now you all know about my procrastination, you can start nagging me as to whether I actually did go to the gym!!)
Friday, October 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I so second your feelings right now...I SO need to get back on track..my lifestyle has become so unhealthy...stress has taken a tole on my eating, and I haven't run or worked our since well before we moved. Arg!
Palm stuff - I was browsing the WW site the other day, and they now have a WW program you can have on your palm to look up and track points etc...I was wishing I had a palm!
M
http://www.decreasingdiane.com/tools.html
for palm pilot
Mo
Post a Comment