It is difficult to come up with a title for this post. Possible options:
*He has redeemed himself from the Valentines situation... he had already redeemed himself in my eyes, but I am making it official.
*He is full of surprises
*He is amazing
*He throws a lovely party
*He put lots of work into last night.
*How much he loves me is in the the little details
*I am a lucky woman
*I had a great birthday
But I will go with "You had me at the coffee..." (stealing from Jerry Maguire). Latte in bed from starbucks was a lovely bday present.
DH has been on a roll. He has surprised me three times this year, and each time has been so wonderful. The first was the re-proposal where he told me how much he loved me and then pulled some bling out from behind a curtain and asked me to marry him again. The second time was on my birthday with the coffee that made my day and was so incredibly perfect it was indescribable. The third was last night.
I had a rather long day yesterday... busy work day,long and grueling. On my drive home, while stuck on the freeway, I realized I had a killer headache. The day was nowhere near over either. I drove home in "lovely" traffic, downed a iced caramel Macchiato in the attempt to regain some resemblance of alertness, walked down to get my mail with hope that my pay might have arrived so I can pay my now overdue tuition (it did not), and then had a 2.5 hour meeting with some various people. We ate pizza and worked out details and the entire time my head was aching. Towards the end I was slouching and rubbing the tension, hoping the meeting would end so I could dose up on Advil. At one point I realize I need to get my palm (oh how I love my palm/phone/personal organizer/best friend) so I pop downstairs. I walk halfway down the stairs and see Giddy up sitting in my red chair! I stop dead. Then I see Spare a square, my lovely friend who has not blogging name yet and lives across the street, and Mo and Double double and then it hits me... there are numerous people in my living room.... I have no make up on... my hair is a mess... there is food on the table... huh??!! And then they say "Surprise!"
The funny thing is they had been sitting in my house for over 20 minutes whispering and I didn't even know!
DH put a lot of work into it! There was a staging area, secret plans, people taking kids secretly to football practice and various other events. DH worked hard to gather up all those people. He laid out a beautiful spread of food. There was champagne, wine, pellegrino and it all looked lovely. All of my favorites... It was amazing... *sigh* he is so sweet. And the house was SPOTLESS. This morning as I lifted the cover to check out the cake I had not actually gotten around to trying last night, I reflected on how much thought he had put into this. The cake was chocolate and caramel with pecans and if you know me well, you know that is one of my favorite combinations.
It was incredibly sweet (both the cake which I had a bite of this morning BEFORE my breakfast, yumaaayyy - and the effort). I love my husband. I had a lovely time last night, thank you to all who were involved in the secrecy. Thank you everyone for the sweet cards, for the additions to my collection - I am excited to try each and every one!!! To those who worried that I might not like that type, there is no such thing - there are very few bottles of wine I do not like. The exception being this bottle that N8 bought once that the four of us wholeheartedly agreed tasted like a mix of smelly, sweaty feet and burnt plastic...LOL! I should note that N8 normally picks good wine and that the selection was not his fault! I am quite positive that the bottle we had was "off".
Thanks everyone, I had a great birthday!!!
Thursday, August 31, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
The cake last night was very yummy! I think our husbands should spend more time together, maybe some of that attention to detail would rub off on D :)
Your dh is very sweet, I'd like him to teach my dh how he did it! I'm also a bit embarassed that the one and a half glasses of wine that I had went straight to my head. I hadn't had dinner and I guess the few crackers & cheese I had there didn't absorb much. Sheesh - what a lightweight *blush*.
Post a Comment