Tuesday, August 29, 2006

If I had a million dollars, I'd start every day with a latte in bed

I worked till late last night prepping for a big work day. I blogged and then hit the sack. Sleep aluded me, my mind was too alert. It was one of those nights were I kept waking up thinking "have I slept at all? Oh Crud/#$%&#, its ___:00 already?!" At 3:?? some crazy dog started to howl like it was the full moon, waking me YET again. My DH got up at some ugly time of the morning, shining the bathroom light in my eyes accidentally waking me yet again. Yeah, it was a good night.

So I wake at 6:39 precisely to the traffic lady saying that there is some accident on the pitt river bridge and that traffic is very backed up. *sigh* of course this happens on the day I have to go to Langley and will be tight for time. I groan and tell myself, well that rules out starbucks!!!

As I lay in bed telling myself to get my arse out of bed, I hear noises from downstairs. The door to my bedroom opens and it is DH (who I thought had long since left for work) carrying a tray. It is all fuzzy as my eyes are still bleary. I sit up and say something along the lines "what are you still doing here?!" and clear my eyes and see that the tray has a vase of sunflowers on it, some type of breakfast food and, sigh, a starbucks latte. Grande. He brought me breakfast in bed for my birthday. And after the night I had and the stressful day I was about to have, it couldn't have been more perfect. I enjoyed a latte, a croissant with butter and peach jam. there was also some cheese and fresh fruit.

A latte in bed is THE way to start the day.

I spent the day working but that was my own choice. It was actually a good day because today my work was about giving something to someone else and when I left I felt very warm and fuzzy. I felt like I had made someone's life better today and that is a good thing.

Gorilla had football practice with DH tonight so it was me and Banana, my angel. We rented Akeelah and the Bee, which we have been DYING to see, and ate dim sum in front of the tv. Poor girl, she gets neglected because Gorilla demands all of our attention and wears us to the bone, all the while she is so good.

We are going away for the weekend to celebrate my birthday, our anniversary and the last weekend of summer so we'll do something fancier then but for the most part it, it was a good day. Another year older and I think I do have something to show for it.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Can I say that I love your husband? Well, no I probably can't because I do love my husband, but what a sweetie you are married to!! Starbucks in bed - ahhhh.

I'm glad you had a feel-good birthday day :-)

Mike H said...

We've never officially met (I think) but I too would like to wish you a Happy Birthday.

Michelle said...

Now, I can officially say Happy Birthday! I hope you had fun tonight, I loved getting a chance to talk with you.

T. said...

Go J.!!!

Happy birthday you! Miss you tons :-)