I am FLYing again... by this I mean I have returned to flylady and her crazy ways. I have flown before but for the last 2 months have been off the "wagon". I find flylady to be a bit obsessed (even for me?!) and that her routines take a bit more time than humanely possible but I spent a bit of time last night re-tailoring the plan to suit this house, my life, my job and my family. Not quite done but the bones are there.
So this morning, as I am working from home today, my routine told me I must take some time for reflection, prayer and to think about God. I need these types of rules or important activities like this get crowded out. I am a rule follower so I took the time and thought to God about the "little things" that I am thankful for. Sometimes its easy to think of the biggies... I am thankful for a roof over my head, I am thankful for my family... but sometimes it is the little details that bring a smile to your face for a moment. Here are a a few of my things:
1. I am thankful for my cat boomer. He brings a smile to my face no matter how bad the day, he always loves me, he purrs when he sees me, he is a good cuddler, he gives kisses and when I am sad and I pet him, I temporarily forget my feelings. I am thankful that in the random process of adoption from a shelter, we found such a loving cat. I am thankful that this old fart of a cat has a place to get old, croaky and eventually die. And I am thankful for the little pieces of joy he brings me just laying there all fluffy and fat in the sun. Weird, I know, but this big ball of fuzz was exactly what I needed in my life to just ease in some contentment.
2. I am thankful for the sun and the warm rays in my backyard.
3. I am thankful for the shade and the slight breeze making it possible to enjoy the sun
4. I am thankful for a quiet moment
5. I am thankful that He loves me, although I often wonder why.
6. I am thankful that I am healthy and that my body carries me through the day.
7. I am thankful for the gifts he has given us lately, that have so drastically improved our lives
8. I am thankful that he listens to me, even when no one else wants to.
9. I am thankful that I know Him and I am eternally thankful to the good friend who brought me to Him (but she doesn't know that).
10. I am thankful that He created pizza... and I don't mean that facetiously (sp??) I am always amazed at the way He has flavored foods and tastes and the incredible ways these can be combined and enjoyed.
11. I am thankful for tomatoes... little red balls of sunshine, simple but oh,so good.
12. I am thankful that He trusts us enough to give us choices, that he has given us free will and that he loves us and brings us back to the fold when we make the wrong choices.
13. I am thankful that He has a plan and that He doesn't abandon us to our choices, that He sends the Shepherd (time and time again) to bring the lost sheep back to the herd.
14. I am thankful that He gives me knowledge.
15. I am thankful that for the path He has me on and that I have a purpose.
16. I am thankful for Blue Herons because they are so beautiful to look at. I saw one on my morning walk today and it took my breath away, as it always does. They remind me of ballerina's, so graceful, so gentle and they look a though they are floating when they fly away with graceful strides. It makes my head spin when I consider all of the variation He has made and how beautiful the world can be.
Wednesday, August 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I have a love hate relationship with FlyLady myself. I try to keep my sink shining but the emails from her drive me loopy.
On the thankful note, I'm thankful for blogs :) In our gypsy summer it's been nice to be able to catch up with people despite our crazy living arrangements.
FlyLady is a bit too intense for me but with the baby I find I don't have all that much time for anything. Dh thinks I'm too stressed about the house being clean but I can't handle the clutter that is around right now. Oh well, there are worse things I suppose.
Besides the usual things, I am also thankful for blogs! I am thankful to be a Canadian (for many reasons) and I am thankful for coffee (at the moment very thankful!!).
Post a Comment