Warning: this post is filled with negative thoughts and venting. M is tired, overheated and frustrated and this post reflects this. If you do read on, just remember you've been warned!
Today was most certainly not a good day. Here it is, late at night and yet again I a working... this time I am working on something that is unpaid work and is a tonne of effort so I am not feeling all that happy about it. I had a busy work week last week, lots of deadlines, some of which I met, some of which I did not, lots of driving and some frustration. I worked for most of friday and then late into the night when the heat cooled off. On saturday I got up and worked away on this "free/unpaid" project. I worked around all of my family activities and was not able to do anything fun beyond the Timberline Experience. And then today I worked some more. We were supposed to go to several events and do several things, none of which we were able to do - nothing new. My only outing was to Costco - whippee! I worked, DH has left for a trip so he was busy packing and preparing and it was hot so everyone was crabby.
I'm struggling to balance it all and I can never seem to get through my list of things that need to be done. Everything seems to be late or have taken too long and I am feeling frustrated about it. The only way I seem to be able to keep my head above water is when I end up working all weekend but I can't live like that! Somehow I need to figure out how to get it done during the week. What to drop? I haven't been to the gym in weeks, have only gone for a run 2x since my vacation... everything else is either work or family management... not sure that any of it is optional... perhaps I should give up eating, think of the time I could save?!
Good news, next week is already looking to be horrifically gross and busy. Tomorrow is a write off work wise as I have this all day training and meeting thingy. Tuesday I am out of the house working all day... Excellent, that should make wednesday a tonne of fun. Oh yeah, I'm also out of the house all friday too. And to top it off DH is away for the entire week so I'll be cramming in work around all sorts of family events.
Okay I am done with my whining... I feel slightly better... either that or the pressure to get back to work has taken over the need to escape the work so off I go...
Monday, July 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So after the church picnic I realized how much I'm missing actual personal connection with real live people. We must reschedule brunch. We are gone this coming weekend but back the following. Would that work for anyone?
My in-laws are in town, but you get to see me all the time...
Post a Comment