why am I blogging? I dunno.
I am packing for our trip tomorrow. I had to work today and didn't get home from work until 8:20. I had packed my clothes monday night but wasn't organized and just kept throwing stuff in the suitcase. I then realized that half of my summer clothes were missing. DH brought them out of storage for me this morning and a repacking was required. Turned out there were several unneccessaries to be removed. Most of the decisions came easily but at the very end it came down to a choice an in exasperation I realized I had not yet eaten dinner and it was 9:30.
I prowled down to the fridge to eat up some leftovers and had the grand idea to clean out the fridge and assemble what was in it into a quasi lunch for tomorrow's drive. A 1/2 hour later I had chocolate chip cookies baking in the oven (dough was in the fridge and needed to be consumed), was mashing black beans with leftover pico de gallo to make burritos, had grated the cheese, cut as much watermelon as one family can hope to consume in one picnic and emptied out the veggie bins - which were scary. 10 min after this a rather odd assortment of foods had made it into the cooler, an odder assortment had made into the garbage and I was finally making my dinner from 5 leftover persian cukes, a tomato and some French sheep's milk Feta. 10:20 p.m. and I am just eating dinner? Sacre Bleu! ahhh well, it fits with the pattern of the day.
M sleeps in... and wakes to a hot sunny bedroom and an empty house. ah yes, the wieners are at a sleepover. M gets up, attempts to work but is distracted by the list of things to do. M realizes/remembers she has to travel to work today - translation, M has to actually work outside of the home today and must commute to White Rock. Crumb Cake! There goes accomplishing anything!
M zips out to buy a swimsuit as she literally does not own one that fits. Tries on, literally 49 suits, leaves with 2. M realizes at 12:55 that she hasn't had breakfast or lunch and has to meet with Daphne in 5 minutes. M grabs sub at Don Marco's. M meets with Daphne, goes over time, realizes she has killer headache but no time to stop for drugs. M drives to White Rock, accompanied by some sweet blues songs and drinks water to get rid of headache which does not work. M pulls into gas station, buys red bull and large Evian and cheerio snack mix as it was healthiest option. Well they had nasty sandwiches and an "apple" that looked as though it was made of wax. Cheerio snack mix is likely healthier than said "apple".
M arrives at client's on time, fully caffeinated, mentally alert and able to ignore headache temporarily. M works. M leaves and drives back home. M realizes her insurance is due today. AFter depositing very small pay check M attempts to find an insurance agent that is open. M remembers that she was supposed to do this after bathing suits before Daphne. M ends up out in east maple ridge at only open location, standing in line for eternity. Insurance complete, m returns home. M takes migraine drugs, lays on bed comatose until headache goes away.
That was my day. Exciting wasn't it. Somewhere in this house is a glass of Gerolsteiner (sparkling german water for those of you who have assumptions that I am a lush) with leftover lime wedges that I have put down and forgotten.
Tomorrow we leave for our "vacation". It is in quotes because I will actually be working 20 hours a week during this "vacation". In defense of my fabulous supervisor, I brought this ridiculousness onto myself. Why? Because I want to get my school internship paperwork done as soon as possible. And cuz I can't afford 2 weeks no pay at this juncture. I am now referring to the internship as "the albatross". I don't mind being an intern, I just don't want to have to submit all this extra paperwork which in no way changes the quality of work I do. And hey, I am doing enough for free at the moment, no need to CREATE extra work!
I have decided to log our vacation on the blog over the next week or so. I promise there will be no pics of DH in a speedo (cough, LOL! Snort!) Must go and pack the work stuff now...
Wednesday, June 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Visit lots of wineries and enjoy the sun!!
Post a Comment