Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Wow those are big!

The words of the doctor who was examining my tonsils... I have tonsilitis. I leave for Atlanta TOMORROW.

Excellent!

I am now on Antibiotics. I doubled up my first dose in an attempt to get the mold into my system to start fighting the evil bug in my tonsils. My tonsils are HUGELY swollen. Two golf balls in my throat. I am taking painkillers to function. I am gargline salt water (yum!) and sucking analgesic losenges.

Mental Note: listen to dear friend who says I am working myself into the grave.

I have treated myself to a Banana and Coconut Frappuccino and it is not low fat. The amount of whip cream on it is luxurious. It tastes good and all icey cold on the golf balls. mmmmmm.

Random thought: I saw a lady in a pink track suit today that was just very wrong. Actually it was more of a leisure suit. you know the billowy jacket type that is sort of windbreaker like. There ought to be laws.

My posters are finished and printed and I am stunned at how long they took. So glad I left those to the last minute. I literally collapsed after finishing the last one... ill, chilled and sickly. My darling husband has been a dream, doing everything, being superman and not complaining. Meanwhile my butt is glued to this computer, working, I am stressed and unavailable. And now I am heading off to Atlanta to spend his money cuz I got none of my own! Such a wonderful man, so supportive of my career. I couldn't ask for better! He's a keeper!

I'm off to pack!

2 comments:

heather said...

oh my goodness, who are you? who gets tonsilitis? i'm not gonna lie, michelle, i don't approve - it sounds to me like your friend is right.

i hope you have a fantastic time in atlanta anyway - meet some more important people and say embarassing things to them, that'll perk you right up :)

Magnificent M said...

LOL! Will do!

The tonsils have slowly decreased in size... although there was a moment in the O'Hare airport where I felt pretty awful... but all in all I am functioning